First post, longtime viewer...opinion on this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandond518

May 3, 2015
what's up everyone...i've referenced this site for a long time now...not sure why i never created an account. Anyways, just wanted to say hi, and thanks to everyone for the tips and tricks i've read on here over the years.

I'm 30, smoked for 10 years, and have been vaping for about 4 years now. Love it!

first vaping experience - bought a $150 'vapor x' pen at the mall - sad, sad, sad.
after that kept cracking, telling me to buy new tanks or to use acrylic to seal the cracks, i started buying 3rd party 'ce5' tanks....meh, worked alright.
switched to Kanger Evods, and fell in love with them. I probably have 10 starter kits to get the extra batteries, tanks, etc...i had no idea you could rebuild them (replacing the heads at the time was my definition of rebuilding lol), as they come with extra heads.
as of 4/25/15 i decided to try something new, i was getting tired of sticking a q-tip on the battery and blowing (what seemed like) half a tank of juice out of the tanks) 3-4 times a day...i think this was because i was getting wayyyy too much usage out of tanks, never once replaced any of the O-rings, although i was good about replacing the heads.

I decided to buy the aerotank mini (comes with (2) 1.5ohm heads, bought an extra 5 pack of 1.8ohm heads to go along with it)

Kanger AeroTank Mini BDC Clearomizer | Genuine | Kangertech | eCig - MyFreedomSmokes

I also bought some new batteries, as my kanger evod 3.7 standard batteries have had A LOT of usage out of them:

iJoy 650 Variable Voltage Battery 650mAh - MyFreedomSmokes

I then went to buy a few spare parts for these tanks:

$2.85 Replacement Stainless Steel Tank for Aerotank Mini Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$3.28 Replacement Glass Tank for Aerotank Mini Clearomizer (7-Pack) 7-pack - ships w/ one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$5.99 Authentic Dual Coil Unit for Kanger Clearomizer (5-Pack) - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Kanger Aerotank Mini
Pyrex Glass Tube for Mini Kanger Protank II
Small Kanger O-Rings (5pc)

I know this is a long first post...but what do you think about what i have purchased so far for my new setup? i've received the aerotank and VV batteries from myfreedomsmokes (love having a VV option) and so far i'm very happy - way better than the evod for me. I don't want a huge mod to carry around, i need it to be very discrete. Also, are these sites alright to order from? Specifically fasttech and myvaporstore - i've never ordered from them before. I haven't received their stuff yet, should be here on monday or tuesday. I know the stuff from fasttech was cheap, i'm wondering if the quality of the backup glass tanks are on par with the one that comes from kanger.

BTW as far as juices go, i always vape juices from The Plume Room.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read!

brandond518

May 3, 2015
When I mainly used egos the Aerotank mini was my first upgrade. I liked it a lot. Its an attractive little tank, especially with the SS tank section. Its a good setup and I used it for three months before I upgraded again. I recently passed it to a friend to help him quit smoking.

what did you upgrade to? i see people walking around with cell phone sized vaping equipment, thats too much for me. The 'pen size' is the size I need to stay at. Are there better options while keeping it at a 'mini' type of setup? or is it mainly one opinion vs another's?
By the way, nice name..ha

Reactions: ElevenEleven

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
I did the same thing as you and BrandonR. I look at it like your working your way up in moderation, which is always good. I know people that went out and dropped $100's getting multiple batteries, box mods and tanks.

Sounds like your on the right path and things are working out for you.

Welcome to ECF Brandon518

Reactions: brandond518

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
what did you upgrade to? i see people walking around with cell phone sized vaping equipment, thats too much for me. The 'pen size' is the size I need to stay at. Are there better options while keeping it at a 'mini' type of setup? or is it mainly one opinion vs another's?
By the way, nice name..ha
Aspire Premium Starter Kit - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes
A Christmas present to myself. Its a bit thicker than your ego/Aero mini setup and the replaceable atomizers are more consistent.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
That looks like a great setup for everyday out and about use. What flavor and VG/PG did you get?
50/50 works best for a tank like that, but Aspire has altered their atomizers with larger flow ports since I've had this kit, so you may be able to use thicker eliquids. I put a lot of different flavors through it and the tank handled like a charm.

Reactions: Retro138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread