First posting, been browsing ECF for a couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockinmindless

Aug 8, 2012
KC, MO
Hi all,

My name is Ash, I'm a 31 year old man in Kansas City, MO. I started smoked analogs when I was 15 and smoked almost non-stop except for the 2 months I was in Navy basic training, then quit for 3 years when I was 26. I started back up when I went to college a couple years ago.

I have been vaping occasionally since October last year. I started out with a nicotec metro that I used when I went to places where I would be drinking beer but couldn't smoke, mostly to use at Arrowhead during Chiefs games. I used it occasionly for a while but it didn't help me really cut back smoking much so I stopped using it, plus the pre-filled cartridges I was getting from my local smoke shop didn't really save me any money vs. analogs so I kept smoking. This past May I decided it was finally time to quit again. I used the patch for 2 weeks to help me quit smoking, then I started using the Metro again when I was drinking. For me not smoking has not been that hard except on the weekend when I have a few brews. So I decided to start looking around on the internet to see if the cartridges could be refilled, that is when I found the ECF.

Since discovering the ECF i have upgraded to an EGO-t and absolutely love vaping now. As a broke college student I am trying to vape as cheaply as possible. So after spending quite a bit of time here on ECF doing research I decided it was time for me to start mixing my own e-juice. I ordered some unflavored nic juice and flavorings from Wizard Labs, which I received in the mail today.

Sorry for the wordiness of my intro post, but if you read through all of this thanks. I just want to share my story and tell people how happy I am to have found the ECF, and to be analog free for over 3 months now and hopefully for good.

Thanks ECF:)

Ash

Rockinmindless

Aug 8, 2012
KC, MO
I bought 18mg juice, so I feel handling it for mixing is just as safe as filling a tank. Except when I was mixing juice I really didn't get any on me, I get juice on me all the time when messing with me ego tanks. Speaking of the ego-t I am kind of fed up with it, I was having issues with my wicks so I tried re-wicking myself with not much luck. I've got 2 vivi nova tanks coming soon, and some other clearomizers and tanks. For the time being I have went back to cartos, which I hate. Can't wait to try these new tanks.

As far as the mixing goes I am really digging it. I ordered a bunch of flavors but have found that I really don't like many flavors other than menthol and spearmint(although I think my ego-t hides the flavors too much for some flavors). So I think I'm now going to focus my efforts on making my perfect menthol, and a good vanilla flavor to go with my stout beers. Right now the best mix I have made is pure menthol with just a little bit of "commercial tobacco" flavoring that is kind of sweet and nutty, it is pretty tasty vape.

Basically I love the mixing because it saves me quite a bit of money and I can tweak the flavors to my preference. I also I have cut down my 18mg juice with VG so that it is about 6mg. The biggest problem I have had since vaping is that sometimes I would vape too much before bed and then not be able to sleep. The low nic juice allows me to vape before bed and still be able to go to sleep.

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
I LOVE Wizard Labs.

I actually have started vaping their nicotine liquid plain. It doesn't have that weird peppery taste, and actually has a slightly minty touch (nothing I normally vape has mint, so I know it's not cross contamination). I buy their 36mg nicotine (so it's not SUPER dangerous, I know some folks around here VAPE 36mg), and dilute it down to 18mg. Fantastic stuff.

Welcome!

jim829

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Owensboro, KY
Welcome! Thanks for telling us about yourself. I always appreciate a new story. Good luck with the DIY, the only problem i have with it is i never seem to have enough bottles... I tend to get a little excited and mix until they're all full. Get yourself a pharmacist friend then pester the hell out of them for empty bottles. They're pretty cheap and I'm too impatient to wait for shipping. Just my piece of advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread