First RDA and WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK Maniak

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Montana
So i've been vaping for about a month now. The first mod I got was a Provari 2.5 with an Aspire nautilus and I loved it. I got an Aspire Mini and have switched to the BVC coil heads for my Nautilus since they are quite a bit better in pretty much every way.

But... Today I walked into a new local B&M and he talked me into getting a mech mod and an RDA. All I can say is holy flavor! It is amazing how much better the flavor and vapor production is. I went with a Tree of Life mod with a Stillair RDA. followed a Rip Trippers video and did a parallel build, using 26g kanthal with 8 wraps around a 5/64 drill bit.

I still love my provari but damn this RDA is a completely new experience. I even used the same liquid and hit them back to back and its like vaping a completely different liquid all together. For those who aren't sure they want to go the mech/rebuildable route. DO IT!

JKnight5

Jul 1, 2014
Louisville ky
Please, please, please, do your research and learn about ohms law, battery safety, and coil building. You will also need to buy an ohm reader. Not trying to give you a lecture, god knows I made the mech mod switch at one time myself, but with the support of the wonderful members on this forum, I too learned about all of the above. Please don't be a statistic. But, enjoy the world of mechs and flavor. Vape on brother!

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I must agree!! Flavor is outrageous! I absolutely love it. With building, brick and mortar stores seem to forget to share this information for some reason, but with building comes a certain level of responsibility. First and foremost, know your batteries limitations! ! If you don't and go over the limitations a process occurs with the battery called venting. It can continue until the point of explosion! No joke, every limitation is different depending on manufacturer. Secondly know ohms law if you don't, how can you figure if you have surpassed the battery limitations? And last get a ohm reader! You can't just guess your resistance! Also please know what a short looks like on a ohm reader! The reading must be consistent if it's jumping around its a short and with a mechanical mod you have no short protection!! So if you run a short, in less than one second your mod will be so hot you can't touch it. Unless it's carefully disconnected it can explode. This is no joke. Before you touch a build you should do these things!

Added

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Congrats bud! I got my first RDA three weeks into my vaping experience. Once I wrapped my first coil on my first RDA and hit it, it was all over. I've been a dripper only ever since then. Though on long drives it's a bit annoying having to shift, steer, pay attention to the road and drip but it sure is doable haha.

Yea know. When i first started down this journey i was all into tanks. Aspire, Kanger. Thought hey lets give this dripping thing a go. BUT. I was conservative(your FIRST device was a ProVari?? Holy Crap!) I found these on you tube. 510 Bridge-less Atomizers! 5 bucks for a dripping atomizer. Bought some and dripped. WHAM! Hooked, bought more and then i went into the RDA! Taste difference is just so much better on the drippers. BTW those 510's deliver the exact same flavor as any RDA, the biggest con is the volume they hold, which is NON, 4 drips vape 3 drip 4..etc. Yea but dripping is so much better than tanked. Except of course my Taifun's those bad boys, with the mesh wick, are drippers in tanked form! Welcome to the world of vaping! For the time being anyways, FDA rulings may be a biatch soon for you US folks.
Over 3,500 cigarettes NOT SMOKED! Damn thats alot of smokes man! Back to my Vampy Violet and Simply Divine!

Last edited:

AK Maniak

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Montana
Yea know. When i first started down this journey i was all into tanks. Aspire, Kanger. Thought hey lets give this dripping thing a go. BUT. I was conservative(your FIRST device was a ProVari?? Holy Crap!) I found these on you tube. 510 Bridge-less Atomizers! 5 bucks for a dripping atomizer. Bought some and dripped. WHAM! Hooked, bought more and then i went into the RDA! Taste difference is just so much better on the drippers. BTW those 510's deliver the exact same flavor as any RDA, the biggest con is the volume they hold, which is NON, 4 drips vape 3 drip 4..etc. Yea but dripping is so much better than tanked. Except of course my Taifun's those bad boys, with the mesh wick, are drippers in tanked form! Welcome to the world of vaping! For the time being anyways, FDA rulings may be a biatch soon for you US folks.
Over 3,500 cigarettes NOT SMOKED! Damn thats alot of smokes man! Back to my Vampy Violet and Simply Divine!

I kept seeing all these threads about "starter" mods and saw a trend as far as people upgrading, or the natural progression if you will. I figured by the time I bought 2 or 3 different cheap mods I would be spending more than a provari set up so why not go for gold all at once:)

One question that just occurred to me that might be a flaw in my safety plan is my battery charger *eeek* I am using green sony VTC4s flattopps and the guy at the B&M said that I could use my charger that came with my provari in the starter kit. It appears to charge them fine but I noticed that the charging light on the charger never changes from red to green indicating that the battery is fully charged. I've been monitoring it every few minutes to make sure the battery doesn't get hot or anything but its been 3 hours and still not green. Starting to get worried

ughmassa

Aug 6, 2014
stayton or usa
Depending on whether or not its the first charge, or how many volts must be recharged is the time it takes to recharge. First charge should be charged for 8 hours. And currently my charger takes about 3.5 hours to charge a battery from 3.8 volts to 4.2 volts. Battery range is 3.2(dead) to 4.2(fully charged). Your mechanical mod has no way of indicating the remaining charge therefore you must check with a multi meter. If you over discharge your battery you will cause irreparable damage. Saftey first

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
Me too. A TOBH.

Apart from the obvious, what I really like is the way it paces me. Instead of vaping 24/7, now I can fill it, let it soak, make a coffee then sit and relax with a good vape. After 10 minutes or so, it's dried up, and I put it down and get on with what I was doing.

I just love it! I can even fill it and go out shopping without my bottle. It's just amazing. I thought a bottom feeder would be for me. But I enjoy dripping, just the same way I enjoy making my coffee.

Is this goodbye Protank?

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I remember when I bought my first dripper (igo-l). First coil build sucked but I didn't know it until I rebuilt and was like "wow, so this is it!".

I only drip at home. Too much to think about when out and about. Kayfuns are the best of both worlds. Almost as good as a dripper but lotsa capacity and no leaking. If your hooked on dripping but want the convenience of a tank, consider a kayfun. I got a clone on FT for $23 and it kicks .... I'll buy a genuine down the road a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread