First road trip and vacation after starting vaping/quitting the cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I admit I'm nervous. I smoke A LOT on trips and where I'm going that is just what we do. Hang out on the porch, listen to music, lots of smoking. I'll be driving there and back and driving I usually chain smoke. I actually hit my daughters cigarette the other day and found it very unsatisfying so I hope if I reach for one and start smoking it I have the same dissatisfaction and just put it right out. I am loaded up on batteries, extra coils, a variety of juices so no excuses.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Gotcha Heidi. I remember my first trip and the panic about all the things that could go wrong. What if the bottle spills in my bag and I can't find a shop. Etc. Pack everything you have. Triple bag it. After you've done it once it won't be scary any more. Until you take your first long trip involving an airplane. That's another major panic attack.

Good luck.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Years ago on my first Road Trip was a 10 hours drive out to Ohio to see the in-laws (stress!). I packed backups for my backups, lots of juice, batteries, my charger etc. That worked for me since then I could relax and know I had plenty with me no matter what happened. FWIW - they didn't really approve of vaping (BIL and SIL are smokers) but didn't give me too much grief. I just vaped while they smoked and smiled.

Make sure you have enough juice with you that you know you like. It's fun to bring a new one or two to try, but keep your favorites handy. Relax and have a good trip, enjoy hanging out on the porch, listening to music, and vape away!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@HeidiB - Taking a first trip with just your vaping gear and several bottles of eliquid probably will be a little strange at first. But remember, just as you used to chain smoke in your car...you can chain vape while driving, too! For me is was a nice change, because I could keep my windows all the way up...instead of keeping 1 about an inch or 2 open while smoking nearly nonstop. I also didn't have to empty my car ashtray to keep it from overflowing after several hours of the trip.

Being around other people who were smokers, with me being the only vaper, wasn't really a problem at all, like I had thought it might be. I didn't make a big deal about switching to vaping, try to talk anyone into vaping, etc., and not 1 single person negatively commented about me vaping. I did get asked some vaping questions by a few people though, which was a good thing, IMO. Showed they were at least a little bit interested in it possibly.

I hope you have fun, enjoy vaping all you want to and need to, and come back with a new calm feeling about your next trip as a former smoker/current vaper. :thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats on your first vaping trip, and planning ahead. That can sort of already solve most problems that you run into, so it's half the battle.

It is so funny, me and my brother were chainsmokers together . Even after he moved and I'd been vaping a long time, I wanted to smoke just because I was talking to him. .We talked a few days ago, and I didn't even think about it! So, the first trip may be the hardest, but you are doing the absolute right thing by preparing ahead, and looking at possible obstacles.

I wish you the best of luck and many fun times!

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's what I plan on doing. I have a few new juices that should be ready to try out but I'll bring a couple of my favorites just in case I don't like them but hopefully the newness of the new ones will keep me nice and happy.

You might want to grab a higher nic juice as you might find that helpful since the temptation will be high..

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I'm back and even managed to stay off the internet. Had one cigarette hit and reminded myself how nasty they are. Didn't miss them. I enjoyed the smell though. Lol And my car doesn't smell like an ashtray. I talked my daughter into doing it with me. She had 6 cigarettes with her at the start of the trip and came home with 4 left so only smoked 2 the whole time. Thanks for yalls support. I really do got this.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
That's great! I drive a lot and chain vaping while on the road is wonderful.

The first few vacations I took after switching to vaping kept going wrong - all my batteries ended up dead at the same time, I'd burn out coils, etc. but always managed to suffer through. Eventually I just ended up packing most of my stuff in a shoebox and bringing it all along!

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I actually hit my daughters cigarette the other day and found it very unsatisfying so I hope if I reach for one and start smoking it I have the same dissatisfaction and just put it right out. I am loaded up on batteries, extra coils, a variety of juices so no excuses.

Congrats, you aren't a smoker anymore! Tasting a cig and having it suck is a huge milestone. Remember to bring an entire other set up so you aren't relying on one device, especially now when you are new to vaping. Over time your need for spares will go down. I use to take a few spare atties, a slew of mods, etc. After 5 years, when leaving for a week, I take 2 mods, batteries to make it through 1 day, a charger and enough juice to last the week. It all fits in a small space.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I brought 2 mods and tanks, extra coils, batteries and plenty of juice. My daughter and I ended up switching off but with high battery capacities neither of us ended up running out of batteries and enjoyed switching up the juices. She found another favorite so hopefully this will help her decide to quit too. She just uses a cheap AIO right now for when she can't smoke but she made it all weekend and the trip on only 2 cigarettes using my mod. I'd love if she would decide to quit with me. So far I can say both my son and I are both ex-smokers. (He quit dipping also.) :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm so glad it went well @HeidiB ! And congrats on expanding your vaping family. LOL, if my son had not (successfully) quit vaping, my entire family will be doing. Vaping spreads when people close to you see you meeting with success! I doubt I would have returned to vaping with the determination I had if I hadn't seen my own kid kick smoking then vaping to the curb, it made me go, "Man, my kid can quit vaping successfully, and I can't seem to even stop SMOKING and it's killing me." Vape life is so much better.

Glad you had a wonderful trip. My last cig smoked was so disgusting I couldn't finish it. I'm glad I smoked it though, because on prior "quit" occasions, I really romanticized smoking the entire time.

That last cigarette was about as far from romantic I could get, IMO. I am REALLY glad I smoked it. LOL.

Anna

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
When you are a smoker you know they stink and don't taste good, but when you quit that smell and taste just get to you and you crave it knowing that it really does stink and taste horrible. Vaping both smells and tastes so good! No stale air in the house when it rains and you sneak it in. I vape all day at my desk working and my house never stinks. Well, there is still the cats. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread