First thing to do with a brand new battery and atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm gonna be getting my first Joye 510-T kit tomorrow. I've been using an eGo-T for a few months now and thats what I'm used to but I know that with the 510 I can expect considerably less battery then with my eGo. I was just wondering what I can and should do the moment I open it up to ensure that I don't reduce the battery capacity to any lower then it will already be. Some people say that with batteries you should use them until they die before the first charge where as others say you should plug it in for it's first charge to full before any use what so ever. so what's the best one? Also I'm guessing with a smaller atty that I can expect a shorter lifespan than that of, say, my eGo-T atty. So what can I do to keep my 510-T atty working well for as long as possible. Also any other information that could be of use or interest to me regarding the Joye 510-T I would really appreciate.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
1) Lithium batteries are “rated” for 300 – 500 charges – depending on size and voltage. This is a generalized rating – meaning the majority of batteries working under normal conditions will usually fall inside the “rating”.

2) The exact life span of individual batteries is far more variable. This is, apparently, what humans and batteries have in common – our life spans are not predictable. So a lithium battery may actually last anywhere from 200 to 600 cycles – some more, others less.

3) Lithium batteries work best at a 20% - 80% charge. If they are fully discharged and left in the discharged state, one of two things will occur:
a) The battery will not work again (dead).
b) If charged for a significantly longer period (12 – 24 hours) – the battery may re-set and begin working as if it was never discharged (resurrected).

4) Battery performance and longevity are affected by environmental factors as well. They will keep longer in cooler atmospheres (yeah Canada!) – but high levels of moisture and freezing conditions can negatively affect life span.

5) Things that can damage the battery: - shock, vibration, exposure to high heat, excessive moisture, freezing and high current blasts.

...sooo – things you should NOT do with your ecig battery include: leaving it for weeks without using or charging, giving it a bath, placing it in an oven, washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, BBQ, etc.
Taken from this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...es-dead-maybe-30-40-charges-each-unusual.html post #7

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Blow the primer out. I wouldn't treat it any differently to other atomizers; clean it now and then and it'll do you good. Ideally you should drip some liquid onto the atty once you've cleared it of primer but it's a tank right so it should be on there when you put it together with juice anyway. Give it a few minutes to soak some up I guess if anything.

The 510 batteries lasted me literally 2 hours. It prompted me to get a "better" model. But I vape a lot so maybe it's just me. I put my first batteries in to charge straight away but they were already charged to the max so I just used them straight out after that and had no problem.

I'm totally not an expert or anything, so heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread