First time using LorAnn...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennikj

Feb 24, 2011
Wisconsin
I've been using TPA flavors at 15 - 20% in my DIY's so far. I ordered a LorAnn flavor (eggnog) because TPA didn't have that one. Should I start with a lower flavor percentage with the LorAnn flavoring? I think I had read somewhere that the LorAnn flavors are more concentrated than TPA, but I can't remember now where I found that. Thanks everyone!! :)

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
IMO, LorAnn is less concentrated, but I could be wrong. Until someone with much more experience gets here you can try a test batch without nic liquid (just PG/VG or one of those), vape it and see if you like the flavor with less. If not, add more. Remember that some flavors from the same manufacturer are stronger than others too. So, you could have PA eggnog and PA vanilla cream, and one of those would seem to have more flavor that the other, if you see what I mean.

Someone should come along to be more specific for you though.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
However all of the flavors are different, some are super concentrated and some aren't.

This is absolutely true. The intensity of a flavoring varies not only with manufacturers, but with the different flavors from the same manufacturer. Amongst the ones I've tested, I've found that TPA flavorings tend toward slightly stronger (about 20% on average) than LorAnn, but there's a LOT of variation. When I test new flavorings, I start at 10% and work up or down from there. Most seem right a bit north of 10%.

The more important difference, imo, is the actual flavor. Given the same flavor, it may taste different between manufacturers -- sometimes a lot different. I have some flavorings that I use because I like their taste better, although they are less concentrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread