First time using RDA on Evic VTC mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
Please move to more appropriate forum if necessary.

I've built on a rda for the first time and just want to make sure everything is safe.

I've got duel twisted coils in reading at 0.12ohms. The battery is a 18650 2500mAH 3.7v

When I fire it at 75w (the max) it fires at about 22A and the weak battery message flashes, and when I fire at 65w it doesnt. Am I pushing the battery to much at 75w?

Just making sure nothings going to explode.

Reactions: tpedwards

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Please move to more appropriate forum if necessary.

I've built on a RDA for the first time and just want to make sure everything is safe.

I've got duel twisted coils in reading at 0.12ohms. The battery is a 18650 2500mAH 3.7v

When I fire it at 75w (the max) it fires at about 22A and the weak battery message flashes, and when I fire at 65w it doesnt. Am I pushing the battery to much at 75w?

Just making sure nothings going to explode.
Yes you are stressing the battery.

Go to a higher resistance like .3.

If you want clouds bro clouds get an 80-90% vg.

Several people have seen my vapor abd have asked to see my resistance and power level.

They see my .8 ohm, and 8-12.5 watts. More than a few have walked off saying "That isnt possible!

Theyre sub ohming and using 4-5 times the power and not generating clouds like mine. The difference is i am using a high VG Juice.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Ok thanks guys. I've now built it to 0.48 ohms, and firing it at 50w and coming out at 09.4v. Is that better? What would be the max volt output I should be going to?
Learn ohms law and the number of amps the battery can provide.

Then do the Math to know how low you can go safely.

Trying to pull 25 amps out of a 20 amp battery is not a good career move.

Stressing your battery can lead to a venting or explosion of the battery.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ok thanks guys. I've now built it to 0.48 ohms, and firing it at 50w and coming out at 09.4v. Is that better? What would be the max volt output I should be going to?

As you're using a regulated mod, I would not pay attention to the voltage. Keep your wattage withing the range of what your battery can supply. You can determine that with Ohm's law, or for convenience , the calculator on Steam Engine which will do the math for you found here Ohm's law

And at your current setup of 0.48 ohm at 50W, you're only drawing 10.2A, which is perfectly fine with a properly made 18650 battery.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
As you're using a regulated mod, I would not pay attention to the voltage. Keep your wattage withing the range of what your battery can supply. You can determine that with Ohm's law, or for convenience , the calculator on Steam Engine which will do the math for you found here Ohm's law

And at your current setup of 0.48 ohm at 50W, you're only drawing 10.2A, which is perfectly fine with a properly made 18650 battery.
All Depends on thd battery.

Most batteries are 15-20 amp.

A few days ago another member was asking about an 18650, don't remember the brand but @Baditude one of tge ECF battery experts reported that the battery was completely unsuitable for vaping because it only provided 7.2 amps.

Now top shelf batteries such as LG, Samsung, Sony etc the info you provided Absolutely correct however be careful with tge lower tier batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread