First trip to a B&M....no too impressed especially with their juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
Welp I took my wife to a local (45 min drive) vape shop to get her some equipment and juice. The juice we tried smelled great and tasted ok at the shop but wasn't the greatest. I though maybe it was the tanks they had samples in, they looked like they had tons of usage to say the least. We get back home and try out some juices but they all taste horrible, metallic taste.

Wonder whats going on? I hate to waste 80 bucks in juices. I know it's not my taste buds or my equipment cause I vapes my juice and it tastes fine. Any help is greatly appreciated. This trip was to get my wife off analogs and in the wonderful world of vaping :) but with that kinda taste she already wants a analog

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
I would concur that you might want to look into steeping. It may help improve the flavor. It's possible to get a poorly mixed batch, I suppose, but it's less likely if you're sampling multiple flavors. Also, I would say that "taste" is sometimes different from "smell"...so if possible, it's a good idea to taste them, not just smell them. Then again, some companies out there just aren't good...but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion until you've done your due diligence.

I wish you guys luck. There's plenty of good juice options out there. Maybe you could see if there's some juices from your preferred vendor(s) since you do seem to have some experience with this?

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The few B&M owners whose posts I read around here seem like great retailers and really nice people who know what they are doing. Too bad for me my local shops seem to be run by a different breed.

The closest B&M to me makes e-pipes and sells juices. I got this one online from them:

1900103_814982011850872_1274761150_n.jpg

It was the most gawd awful thing that has ever been my displeasure to vape.
I doubt I will be visiting them. lol

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
If you were using new coils in the tanks, I would blame the metallic taste on that. Also possible that you have too low ohm or too high voltage/wattage and are scorching the liquid. Last possibility is it's not wicking properly. Off-tasting eliquid is usually described as soapy (too much flavoring), perfumey (alcohol added or alcohol based flavoring--let sit with cap off), fake/chemical (inaccurate flavor composition or too much flavoring used or alcohol), or my biggest problem was not enough flavor when I first started.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Sampler packs from on-line really helped me. The ones I didn't like I gave away.

I've been to all 4 B&Ms in my town and they were cheesey. Cheaper stuff, no experience...they wanted my money and nothing else.

I did find an on-line vendor for juices that I liked and afterwards, I found that they had shops in the "Big City" 75 miles away. I went up there and taste tested about 10 and bought 3. I went up again and did the same.

If you have a on-line vendor with a local B&M for taste-testing, that would be a way to go.

I did ask the B&M about "airing" and they said they do it for two days. After that, it is just that they are opening and closing the jugs. I'm glad I asked that.

I still air them out on my own.

Last edited:

Agamer

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2014
United States
I've noticed that brick and mortars are exactly the same as resturants they all sell food (ejuice) but some have higher quality and better customer service than others. Also personal taste will come into the mix. I guess that I got lucky living within driving distance to Cigtechs really helpful people that work there.

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
I messages the owner on Facebook the other day to inquire what pg/vg ratio she mixed and she wouldn't tell me. She said "no that falls under individual product formulations which are the outcome of extensive R&D (costs) and falls under "intellectual property" there is never more than 20% flavoring used in any of my liquids. The ingredient listed on the repackage bottles is accurate: VG , distiller water, pg, food grade flavoring and citric acid. She did say for me to come back to see if we can figure it out. So we will see. After seeing online vendors listing and giving options of ratios I highly doubt I will get any more from her. I've tried steeping, cutting with USP glycerin and it still has a metal taste. I've tried about everything imaginable with my equipment also. The only juice we like so far is some brand I've never heard of here called TastyPuff. It's actually quite tasty. I'm sure it's not up to snuff as some of the vendors recommended here as I bought it from a regular tobacco shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread