First Vape Store Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delro

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Worcester, MA
Today I went to my first Vape store and it was a phenomenal experience. I originally went there to pick up a new e-liquid - something fruity. I walked in and was greeted immediately by smiling faces. Picture a bar but instead of booze it was e-liquids on the shelves. After explaining I was new to vaping they ran me through all the flavors and telling me about some of their personal favorites. What was supposed to be a 15min trip turned into me sitting at the bar with fellow vapers and staff puffing away chatting / getting advice for 2 hours. Some guy offered to let me try out some of the things he was dripping - so welcoming and excited to share his liquids. I settled on Rehab's Zebra and Teleo's Breakfast The Milk since everyone there gave it the thumbs up. Anyway I have found my new hangout spot on my days off of work and with all the knowledge they were able to dump on me I'm excited to go from my small 50W Kanger to something bigger in the coming weeks. Awesome experience, great people. :thumbs: Love the vaping community

Dextrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ahh my first vape shop experience was not all that good, a friend told me about it as its where he would buy his juice, a dodgy little place on the 2nd floor of an old building, i walked in and they couldnt care if i were there or not, they had about 10 flavors and nothing bigger than a 10 ml bottle, i asked a few questions they could barely answer, so i walked out, how ever since then i have found 2 places that i hang out on a regular, the people are fantastic, one of the places does custom walk in flavors, i have never spent less than 2 hours in any one of those places lol.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
you are one of the lucky ones..... my 1st experience was in a shop that catered to hi end users only and were doing sub ohm even before the word was invented.... imagine me walking into this place with my proudly displayed Vamo 3 and RSST.... might have been something the dog left on the floor... well maybe that would even have gotten more attention than I did that visit....

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Glad you found a good one! It does open up a whole new experience when you find a good one with good people. I can only get to mine once every month or 6 weeks, but after a couple visits it was nice to walk in, be welcomed, and then be offered their personal dripper to try a new juice they think you will like. Or ask how your new mod is working for you even knowing you got it on-line to save a few bucks. But I have also paid them their price for a tank or something now and then to hopefully help keep them going. I would really hate to see them close shop.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Yeah the prices are higher for example the Sigeli 150 TC is like 25 bucks more there, but I am happy to spend the extra money to support local stores like that.

Interesting you mention the Sig 150 TC. They sat that up in front of me last time there, but they had it priced a bit high for me who isn't really in need of an upgrade quite yet.

Delro

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Worcester, MA
Interesting you mention the Sig 150 TC. They sat that up in front of me last time there, but they had it priced a bit high for me who isn't really in need of an upgrade quite yet.
It certainly gets solid reviews, but like you I'm not in a rush to upgrade at the moment. I'm running the KangerSubbox 50W and it serves my vaping needs very well. Take care

Darkstarncw

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Clemson, SC
my local shop is great the owner is a conspiracy theorist im always watching crazy videos there, they also have customer appreciation every sunday he supplies food and drinks for everyone and puts the football games on.

The owner at mine is a naval nuclear engineer who is constantly watching economics lectures and discussing Rand Paul. It's amusing at the very least, but the guy has a zest for seemingly everything. He's a bit wonky, but he definitely knows his stuff.

Wissel Joe

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Medina, Ohio
The owner at mine is a naval nuclear engineer who is constantly watching economics lectures and discussing Rand Paul. It's amusing at the very least, but the guy has a zest for seemingly everything. He's a bit wonky, but he definitely knows his stuff.

My guy is a little off i spent 2 hours there after they closed watching videos of Monsanto company and GMO foods. i love hanging out there.

Reactions: Darkstarncw

jwitfield

Mar 29, 2015
Pittsburgh Pa
I started vaping 6 months ago.. When I did my wife worked an hr or so away from where I goto buy vape things at.. People where she worked suggested going to this one place so we did.. They didnt have beginner gear because of customs bs or something so they sent us up to another store which was 15 mins from them.. The 1st place I walked in and noticed the smell.. My wife is weary of smells cause I typically hate them.. Anyway i was like... "Hmm i can live here this places smells awesome as hell." she then looked at me all crazy because I never ever ever said anything remotely to this about any smell ever...

Anyway the 2nd place.. They are awesome.. Like really awesome.. I go there to get everything mostly.. When I ahve big purchases over 50 bucks I go see them.. They are kind, courteous, and they like our 3 yr old.. We hang there talk the vape world gossip and such.. I kid them about letting me work there for e-juice and such.. But they are good people..

Sometime in my 3 month stint in vaping I was going to try and find someone else to go near me.. Someone at work told me about some place about 20 mins from where I live.. I went to check them out.. All I can say is it looked like a crack house inside the store.. the place looked not used except a counter and the try our vape area was crap and the gear they used were .... at best.. So I just goto the 2nd people we dealt with since the beginning..

hmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2014
United States
There are a couple of local vape shops I like to go to, there are some I'm not so fond of. My first time entering a local vape shop (I had been to one on vacation once, great experience) the lady was knowledgeable, friendly and I bought my evod from her. Then I bought some of their custom juice, told her what I flavor wanted, what percentage of VG/PG. She went back and made my juice, I filled up my new tank and walked out the door. Only to come right back because the PG/VG written on the bottle was not what I had asked for. There ensued a 15 minute argument in which she told me that my choice was a poor one, so she "fixed" it for me. I have not been back since.

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
this applies to the 4 local vape shops (toronto, canada area) i have visited as an average. my experiences have been both good and underwhelming at the same time. from a retail experience they were excellent. the staff promptly answered any questions i had and were friendly. generally all im buying from a shop is juice at this point. my first experience ever in a shop was also my first vaping experience. i didnt want to order something online at that point and went in to ask questions and get recommendations. it was everything i wanted from a retail experience.

as i said above, from a retail perspective it was excellent. however, as a gathering place i was underwhelmed. it seemed very cliquey and unless you were a regular nobody really spoke to you. given that i generally buy a decent amount of juice at one time i am never at a shop frequently enough to ever be considered a regular. in the end this doesnt bother me much. if i would rather have a good experience with one aspect it would be as a consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread