First vapemail, hate all the flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nkayy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm not a very picky person, but they're all like TOO MUCH, overwhelming flavors that make me sick. I liked most of them for the first 5 minutes and then could not go on. My previous (and only) flavor, peach, which I thought was from a crappy vendor, was wonderful, VERY light, and could vape all day without realizing it. (I'm out of it now.)

Ps. my purchase was from madvapes. Cheesecake, Ultamint, tobacco and Rasberry Lemonade.

I thought this would be easier for me because I'm not very picky in general ... but I guess not. I need to make another order now. (from anywhere) Any ideas? I'm considering unflavored.

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Are you using a VV/VW battery? If so, you could turn down the voltage which will help.

What PG/VG ratio did you choose? Did you choose to add any extra flavor shots or anything? More details about your order could help us diagnose the problem.

Finally, you can get unflavored juice. You may want to look into some of this and distilling your flavors down to mute them a little bit.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It may be a steeping issue.
I've had a LOT of flavors arrive with a slightly sickening chemical/perfume taste that fades out if you let it sit.
There's a lot of discussions here about steeping, but I'm convinced, and now I just typically won't even try a juice til it's been sitting 7-10 days. When it arrives, I open it, give it a sniff, then give it a shake and put it on a shelf!
One of the best vapes I've had smelled and tasted HORRIBLE, but then a week later was totally mellowed, and a gentle mild flavor.

So - you'll likely have to try juices from a lot of places - read reviews and order small amounts til you find some you like. But I highly recommend that
a) You order AHEAD, so they can all steep before you try them and
b) Set the ones you just got aside if you can - or most of them anyway - and try them again in a week or more

Good luck!

Nkayy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Los Angeles
No flavor shots, 6mg or 0mg on all of them.

They've been steeping for a day now. Raspberry Lemonade which has been in my tank is much more tolerable now. I ordered all of them based on reviews and what kind of stuff I like to eat/smell.

I have a VV battery. I've done some adjustments but overall they are just too strong.

Hopefully after steeping they will get better .. I will wait and update.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
I'm not a very picky person, but they're all like TOO MUCH, overwhelming flavors that make me sick.
Can you elaborate on this a little more? I seem to have an issue with a lot of juices not being strong enough, but what is your issue? Do you not like the flavors or you like the flavors, but they are too bold, or both?

To add my 2 cents, do what others say steep for a few more days, try it and if it is still too strong, try to get 50/50 PG/VG mix and dilute it. Unfortunately I don't live in the US so I can't comment on which vendors I would recommend. To be honest, when I first started vaping a couple months ago, I bought juices that were just horrid. Steeping it wouldn't help either and it just goes in the "desperate" pile. If you're willing to you can go in the DIY route. A lot more work but it will save you tons of money and you can tweak the juice the way you want.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
It is most likely a steeping issue. If all of the flavors are bad to you, you just need to steep them more. I usually leave the cap off for a day or two, then shake them a few times per day after I put the caps back on. I do this for around a week, then try each flavor. If it is good, I fill a tank, if it is bad, let it steep longer. There is some warm water method that is faster, but I've never used it. Search for 'steeping' on here. You'll get a bunch of hits.

Most juices need to be steeped before you use them. I have a few that don't, but I would say about 90% of them do. Maybe I'm being snobby, but why would you order juice from Mad Vapes? They are a good hardware supplier, but juice isn't their thing. It's mostly DeKang and not much of a selection at that.

Nkayy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Los Angeles
It is most likely a steeping issue. If all of the flavors are bad to you, you just need to steep them more. I usually leave the cap off for a day or two, then shake them a few times per day after I put the caps back on. I do this for around a week, then try each flavor. If it is good, I fill a tank, if it is bad, let it steep longer. There is some warm water method that is faster, but I've never used it. Search for 'steeping' on here. You'll get a bunch of hits.

Most juices need to be steeped before you use them. I have a few that don't, but I would say about 90% of them do. Maybe I'm being snobby, but why would you order juice from Mad Vapes? They are a good hardware supplier, but juice isn't their thing. It's mostly DeKang and not much of a selection at that.

Topflavor USA is made in US and seemed affordable. I'm on a student budget here!

Nkayy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Can you elaborate on this a little more? I seem to have an issue with a lot of juices not being strong enough, but what is your issue? Do you not like the flavors or you like the flavors, but they are too bold, or both?

I guess the basic tastes are just too defined. Sugary, minty, etc. No subtle flavors. I guess I would like a strong flavor if it was good/interesting. Vaping something that tastes like sugar over and over gets gross. I also don't eat very sugary food in general, but I do like cheesecake. I guess it tastes like icing, instead of cheesecake. The ultamint tastes like old gum. Very unfaceted. We'll see if steeping fixes anything.

Riatha

May 24, 2013
United States
Not intending to offend anyone here but I stopped buying juice from Madvapes. I don't know if they changed anything but they were my first vendor and for a while, the juice was great but then everything started to taste weird. I now have about 8 of their liquids sitting in the back of my juice drawer because they are flat out unvapable.

Every single one of them is soapy and or chemically. Steeping has done nothing to improve this. Maybe its the people who mix them. I got mine at the store in Charlotte and they aren't very good with the pg/vg mix. One 80/20 is watery as all hell and the other is thick, same flavor.

Nkayy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Not intending to offend anyone here but I stopped buying juice from Madvapes. I don't know if they changed anything but they were my first vendor and for a while, the juice was great but then everything started to taste weird. I now have about 8 of their liquids sitting in the back of my juice drawer because they are flat out unvapable.

Every single one of them is soapy and or chemically. Steeping has done nothing to improve this. Maybe its the people who mix them. I got mine at the store in Charlotte and they aren't very good with the pg/vg mix. One 80/20 is watery as all hell and the other is thick, same flavor.

This sounds bad. When I got the cheesecake flavor I was almost sure it wasn't 6mg. It says 6mg on the bottle but it feels stronger than 12mg. I thought maybe my old 12mg was labeled wrong? I have no idea. It was an intense nic hit.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
I guess the basic tastes are just too defined. Sugary, minty, etc. No subtle flavors. I guess I would like a strong flavor if it was good/interesting. Vaping something that tastes like sugar over and over gets gross. I also don't eat very sugary food in general, but I do like cheesecake. I guess it tastes like icing, instead of cheesecake. The ultamint tastes like old gum. Very unfaceted. We'll see if steeping fixes anything.
I hear ya', a lot of juices have a sweet note, but take a look at this. In addition, as far as subtle flavors go, I would recommend Indigo Vapor's The Duke. There is some sweetness to it, but the flavor is not one demential and interesting, in my opinion. The best way to avoid sweet juices is to focus on real tobaccos, see the link I gave you.

OhaiKrikket

ECF Veteran
Cheesecake, Ultamint, Tobacco and Rasberry Lemonade.

Tobacco flavors usually need to sit for awhile to let the elements of their flavors meld together.

I've ready a lot about people hunting for the elusive "good cheesecake" vape.

Lots of mint flavors are VERY strong.

If you're looking for more reasonably priced juices, consider https://www.mtbakervapor.com/. Their Creme de Menthe is light (and good out of the mail), and all the citrus flavors I've tried are fairly light as well.

I don't know if you'll find a "light flavored" tobacco or cheesecake, though. However, there are a TON of MBV fans on these forums who can recommend flavors that are on the lighter side that you might enjoy. I know whipped cream is very popular (I use it as a mixer), and I've read that White Tea is an almost-not-there flavor.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
You might like some lighter flavored vapes like melons or lemon or mojito a fav of mine, plus some tea flavors. Mt Baker has very good reviews altho I have not tried them. I am currently hooked on Alhusion vapors, their ejuice is fabulous! Maybe try Mt Baker first. I had some from mad vapes and I did not like them. Good luck! bnrk

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Ive vaped the same orange from a hardware vendor for a good long while now. I decided to go with MBV after all the good things i read. I got dble apple, peach and orange from them. Took 5 days to get to me yesterday so i threw them in the cabinet to steep a bit. I couldn't help but wonder so i brought the apple to work with me today. After lunch i filled a clean empty kpt and vaped it...HOLY COW!! Such a difference in flavors!!! Bigtime apple-y flavor with a great after taste!! I may throw it back in the cabinet cuz now i wanna try the orange for comparison to the other vendors juice tonite and see how that goes. MBV has 15ml bottles for 5 bux so thats pretty doable on a budget to try new ones i would think! Since i seen you like the peach, ill try that one tomorrow and let you know how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread