Fistful of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly new to vaping,like just started two weeks ago. Not too many problems, and I did a lot of research off of this board, so kudos and thanks to all you folks helping us noobs out. Much appreciated.

I got a JOYE 510 from PureSmoker,Ive had a few issues so far(had some juice that tasted like burnt popcorn, wasnt a problem with the atty or the cartridge either, it just tasted like burnt popcorn,just AWFUL. Plus it clogged everything.) but all in all Im enjoying the whole experience pretty well.

#1, know any good flavors or companies that are usually responsible for good flavors(like ProVape,Pure Smoker,Liberty Flights etc etc)? Preferably ones that sell vg/pg blend. Ive had pure PG and Im not impressed by how it carries flavor.

Second, would it just be better to 'brew' my own flavors/juice? Again, best places to equip myself?

Im also wondering about cartomizers. Ive read a lot about them, but how cost effective are they? Like, avg life expectancy vs an atty/cartridge combo(from people, not suppliers who're trying to sell a product). I dont want to spend money on them if theyre not going to be worth it. Cause Im cheap. Slash poor. Slash college-student.

Which companies have the best selection,deals,ship times,etc?

Or is it better to just shop around and trial by fire it?

Edited this to put some other questions up top.

How durable are e-cigs/pcc's,overall?Any noteworthy/standout pieces? Can they hold up well to being dropped on/in rocks,mud,dirt,big holes? Being battered in pockets? Basically, how wear-and-tear proof?

When(not 'if',its 'when' with my job) dirt gets into the atty or the carto, are they going to be easy to clean or does it render it completely unusable?

What precisely is a tank cartridge(URL or pic would be awesome)?

Sorry, like I said. Fistful of questions. Wish it were dollars. Then I could be cool like Clint Eastwood AND not be broke ;-)

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Fairly new to vaping,like just started two weeks ago. Not too many problems, and I did a lot of research off of this board, so kudos and thanks to all you folks helping us noobs out. Much appreciated.

I got a JOYE 510 from PureSmoker,Ive had a few issues so far(had some juice that tasted like burnt popcorn, wasnt a problem with the atty or the cartridge either, it just tasted like burnt popcorn,just AWFUL. Plus it clogged everything.) but all in all Im enjoying the whole experience pretty well.

Did you blow out the atty before you started using it? If you didn't then that could explain the bad taste. It can also cause the atty to act as though it's flooded.

#1, know any good flavors or companies that are usually responsible for good flavors(like ProVape,Pure Smoker,Liberty Flights etc etc)? Preferably ones that sell vg/pg blend. Ive had pure PG and Im not impressed by how it carries flavor.

VaporBomb and Gourmet Vapor are the two that I've used. Both have a wide variety of tasty juices in a PG/VG mix that will suit you.

Second, would it just be better to 'brew' my own flavors/juice? Again, best places to equip myself?

I buy most of my DIY supplies from OneStopDIYShop.com. Top notch service and quick delivery.

Im also wondering about cartomizers. Ive read a lot about them, but how cost effective are they? Like, avg life expectancy vs an atty/cartridge combo(from people, not suppliers who're trying to sell a product). I dont want to spend money on them if theyre not going to be worth it. Cause Im cheap. Slash poor. Slash college-student.

Cartos are meant to be disposable, but you can clean them out and use them for several refills. As a general rule, they won't last as long as an atty, but they're much cheaper than atties in the long run. I drip when I'm at home and use cartos when I'm out and about.

Which companies have the best selection,deals,ship times,etc?

That depends on what you're looking for. Most of the approved vendors on the site have great service and ship times. Check the vendor list towards the bottom of the main forum page.

Or is it better to just shop around and trial by fire it?

It's a bit of both. You have to shop around and you have to trial by fire to get the set up that works the best for you. Vaping is very personal and what suits one person may end up not being for you.

Sorry, like I said. Fistful of questions. Wish it were dollars. Then I could be cool like Clint Eastwood AND not be broke ;-)

My answers are in red. HTH and welcome to ECF!

Eclipsed1770

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
South Carolina
Welcome to ECF WNYShovelBum. I'm not a supplier just a newbie, at least I consider myself one, like you. I'll try and answer a few of the questions you have but I use a KR808d-1 and cartomizers. From what I can tell you the cheapest is probably using the atty cart and making the juice yourself (DIY). People like the cartos because it's all one unit and they cost about $1.50 each and can be refilled a bunch of times. Carto's hold more than carts and actually need to be refilled less times but they are disposable. I can usually get a good week or two out of them (I usually top them off after a few vaping session so I really don't know how many times I'm actually filling them from scratch, maybe 15 - 20 ml would be a good estimate.)

As for as good juices it's trail and error. Taste is subjective but there is a lot of good juice vendors out there and the quality varies drammatically. I just tried a Banana juice from goodejuice and it was very good. Tastes like a ripe banana not a candy banana. I also tried their cotton candy and it's good too but wasn't what I was expecting. I have an order from gourmet vapor that I should get in a week or two (because of their sale recently) and am eager to try their juice. I looked at the juice reviews on ECF and waited for a sale to get some to try. I'm still looking for that all day vapor juice in the nic PG/VG level that would fit me.

My suggestion to you would be to stay with the Atty/Cartridge and look for the juice sales and try different blends, flavors, and vendors. Do some reading in the DIY juice section at ECF and once you can get some money saved up get into the DIY supplies.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
i really like freedom smoke usa ejuices....i love gotvapes and i use their diamond dual and single coil cartos...they last and easy to fill....their shipping is great!!!!!!!!
cignots has great deals (there are sooo many great companies out there, too many to mention :) !!!)
I would check out the vendor forums in the "forum suppliers" area..you can learn a lot about a company from that.

DIY is fine for a lot of people...never got the hang of it tho :(

Welcome and good luck to ya!!!

WoH:I did actually blow out the atty when I got it. Took me a moment to think back, but I def did. I just think the juice was crap, like I said, I tried both of the attys I got with my starter kit,changed the foam, cleaned the cartridges, everything. Then I got new juice,and the flavor went away. Its a good thing the bottle was the free sample PureSmoker sent me. Cause Idve hated if I bought it.

By-the-by, thanks for the help folks, keep it comin :)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Sometimes juices that taste like hammered crap start tasting better when they've had time to sit for a couple of days or so. Juices that are made to order benefit from steeping immensely. I find this to be true for most of my DIY mixes. They don't taste like much when they're first made, but man oh man! After a few days they're perfect!

I shall have to remember that. Ooh, just thought of another good question:

How durable are e-cigs/pcc's,overall?Any noteworthy/standout pieces? Can they hold up well to being dropped on/in rocks,mud,dirt,big holes? Being battered in pockets? Basically, how wear-and-tear proof?

When(not 'if',its 'when' with my job) dirt gets into the atty or the carto, are they going to be easy to clean or does it render it completely unusable?

What precisely is a tank cartridge(URL or pic would be awesome)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread