Five Pawns - a lot of people ordered recently . . . what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
So, my ADV is Grandmaster. When I'm bored, I hit Gambit for a kick. Absolute pin requires a certain mood for me to use. I have just gotten into Queenside - loving it's authentic "Blood Orange" flavor. Natural flavoring is so delicious vs. the artificial candy juice. Bowden's Mate is something I keep for when I am in one of those "got mint?" moods

I've seen a lot of posts with people ordering five pawns lately. You know the juice is pre-steeped by at least a month when you get it, so jump right in - what are your impressions??

After getting free priority shipping, beautiful glass packaging, tasting notes, and wonderful presteeped flavor blending, do YOU think it's worth the extra cost??

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
I got a bottle of grandmaster in early june. I have been conserving it by only vaping it during NBA playoff games. Most of the bottle is gone, now. I have been dripping it on a provari mini, 2.2 ohm rda @ ~4.5 watts. I mostly taste the peanut butter with a little banana.The flavor is awesome, liquid is a nice clear amber yellow. packaging is top notch, with free fast shipping.The grandmaster is a definite re-order and I just received a bottle of gambit yesterday,I have not sampled it yet but it smells really good.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I have no idea. But this post was enough to get me to look at the site and I'm thinking about ordering a sample pack. (It looks delicious.)

I'm interested in hearing other's opinions also.

Barbara - the sample pack is adorable - 5 flavors in tiny 4 ml glass dropper bottles. Comes in a metal-lidded container.

TampaToker69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Tampa, FL, Alpha Quadrant
So, my ADV is Grandmaster. When I'm bored, I hit Gambit for a kick. Absolute pin requires a certain mood for me to use. I have just gotten into Queenside - loving it's authentic "Blood Orange" flavor. Natural flavoring is so delicious vs. the artificial candy juice. Bowden's Mate is something I keep for when I am in one of those "got mint?" moods

I've seen a lot of posts with people ordering Five Pawns lately. You know the juice is pre-steeped by at least a month when you get it, so jump right in - what are your impressions??

After getting free priority shipping, beautiful glass packaging, tasting notes, and wonderful presteeped flavor blending, do YOU think it's worth the extra cost??

MsComptrtchr, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will gladly pay for quality juice. Five Pawns is amazing, I had a 20 minute conversation with Rodney the owner and let me tell you he is one heck of a guy. Very personable, very approachable. I frequent 2 suppliers for my juice. My ADV is definitely Gambit. When I'm in the mood I will vape Grandmaster. So in summary, yes, five pawns is definitely worth the price. I order on Monday and have my juice Wednesday. They are based in Cali, I'm in Tampa, FL. Fastest shipping ever. I believe they are steeped 90 days. I can tell you there are more flavors coming. I'm stoked to sample one in particular. I'd do anything to have one of their oak barrels full of Gambit. Yes, they are in fired oak barrels like a fine single malt scotch. (also a personal fav)

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Not worth the price to me. They charge state tax RIGHT during checkout. First website I've ever seen do that. It comes out to $30/30ml...

Since you live in CA, they have to charge tax. If I order anything online from a GA company, I know I have to pay tax.

This stuff is fantastic! I too ordered the sample pack and was shocked when I first vaped Queenside. I'm getting ready to try my Grandmaster but, since I vape four other juices and have just one tank dedicated to samples, it takes me a bit of time to get through a tank.

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
Since you live in CA, they have to charge tax. If I order anything online from a GA company, I know I have to pay tax.

This stuff is fantastic! I too ordered the sample pack and was shocked when I first vaped Queenside. I'm getting ready to try my Grandmaster but, since I vape four other juices and have just one tank dedicated to samples, it takes me a bit of time to get through a tank.

No they don't, VCV does not charge state tax

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
Just visited their site WOW! expensive. Whats this stuff made out of magical unicorn piss? Whats wrong with an honest profit they're charging over 3 times the average rate. I'm sure they're using the same "earth based" ingredients as other quality vendors.

Seems elitist to me. Its no surprise that this is a California based company.

I won't be buying from them as I don't like to encourage that sort of behavior.

Of course this is just MHO and I don't want to offend anybody. Obviously they have a market or they would'nt be in business

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
In regards to Five Pawn pricing, keep in mind that these are B&M prices. So while obscenely expensive, it's not too far out of line with what some B&M's are getting for juice.

On the other hand I can envision someone having just spent $500 on a Caravela in the classies wanting to splurge on some juice in a pretty container. Not my style, but no doubt there is a market here.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Just visited their site WOW! expensive. Whats this stuff made out of magical unicorn piss? Whats wrong with an honest profit they're charging over 3 times the average rate. I'm sure they're using the same "earth based" ingredients as other quality vendors.

Seems elitist to me. Its no surprise that this is a California based company.

I won't be buying from them as I don't like to encourage that sort of behavior.

Of course this is just MHO and I don't want to offend anybody. Obviously they have a market or they would'nt be in business

It's not elitist. The business model is just different than most vendors. The focus is on retail and the company doesn't want to undercut its B&M partners by selling online for a lower price.

As for the juices, my personal rankings are:

Gambit
Queenside
Grandmaster
Bowden's Mate
Absolute Pin

I love the first three, like Bowden's Mate, and don't care for Absolute Pin (it's well crafted, but the absinthe is a bit much for me). The Castle Long Reserve, which just launched, is excellent too.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I'll be ordering some grandmaster soon my self. Haven't tried their juices but I'm just going to go right into it. My ONLY concern is the 50/50 mix. Has anyone with a PG allergy or sensitivity tried these juices and been ok?

I don't mind paying top dollar for wonderful juice. But if that wonderful juice causes my throat to swell to the point I can't vape it then it's money down the drain on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread