Five Pawns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigd432

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Richmond, KY
I actually got to try Five Pawns for the first time yesterday. I decided to stop in to my local vape shop and to my surprise they carry Five Pawns and you could sample. Their flavors stand out more than any of other company I have tried. If I wasn't giving them so much of my money to begin with I would've definitely picked up one.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
My favorite vape of all time is Absolute Pin. Worth every penny, although I do ration it when I buy it. They won't be selling sample packs of their new Mixology line for a bit (I forget when they said), because firstly they're stocking up the B&Ms. I *think* they said it would be available May 1, but it might have been April 1. It's probably worth checking if they carry them at a local B&M in your area - you can plug in your zipcode on their website to see.

If you do order from them shipping is free, which helps a bit :p

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
This has been discussed many times. Their juice is the same price or cheaper than many other popular big name vendors. Their juice is $27.50 but they offer free priority shipping so if you subtract the price of shipping, it's only about $22.50 per bottle. If you think Five Pawns is too expensive, then don't click this link:

Captain E Juice - E Juice

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I love Bowdens Mate and Gambit both are in rotation as treat vapes for me....I vape DIY flavors during the day so that I can afford to have a tank a night of my "Boutique Flavors" every night...5 Pawns is one of a very few vendors that have complex flavors worth spending over $20 a bottle for to me...YMMV

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
They're not that expensive they just don't offer smaller bottles than 30ml.
$14 per 15ml is a decent price IMO.

They feel good in the throat and most of the flavors are about right of their description,
My only problem with them is they do weird combinations and I didn't liked most of the samples I got.
Grandmaster is good(!!), Gambit is also ok, Queenside was vapeable, Bowden's Mate wasn't for me simply because I don't like menthol, and Absolute Pin was my only real disappointment (but I still finish the sample, it was ok when I didn't had anything else).

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
This has been discussed many times. Their juice is the same price or cheaper than many other popular big name vendors. Their juice is $27.50 but they offer free priority shipping so if you subtract the price of shipping, it's only about $22.50 per bottle. If you think Five Pawns is too expensive, then don't click this link:

no way... that has got to be a typo...

djenkins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
If Castle Long Reserve wasn't a limited juice, it would be my all day vape every day. To me it is that good. I was finally able to order some of the plain Castle Long (the Mixology edition) the other day. It should get here today. Cant wait to try it. Im wondering what the difference will be between this stuff and the oak barrel aged stuff.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
I was a huge critic of theirs when they first showed up on the scene. I thought it was a gimmick. A clever one, but still.
I got the opportunity to try their juice last weekend (and meet some of the crew) and I am a believer. I bought 2 bottles on the spot and they threw in a third.
Lucena, Absolute Pin and Perpetual Check.
Seriously, very complex, tasty stuff. I liked everything I tried and would have bought a bottle of each (with the exception of maybe 2) had I the funds.

I still prefer my AiV, but Five Pawns is a truly good, quality product. (Their packaging is top notch as well....and I am a sucker for cool packaging. :p )

StevenServo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

dude that link has already been discussed and hes doing it because he is still in the "designing phase of his company" he will not be selling at that price... so cut it out

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
Cloud City
Five pawns is made down the street from where I live. Their stuff is BOMB. They are what I consider ultra-premium juice. 30 dollars for 30 ml is about the most expensive bottle you'll buy (idk what that Captain e-juice is but that's absurd) but you can tell the quality right away, very 'complex' artisanal juice.

I guess the comparison I could make is: you can have regular, cheap, but good steak from a store or TGI-Fridays. But on those special occasions you decide to go to Ruth's Chris Steak house for filet mignon, it may tax your wallet but its bomb.

FYI they are coming out with a new set of flavors hitting stores soon.

Last edited:

LikesToGoFast

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Annapolis, MD
I have to agree... Out of all my juices... Five Pawns ranks at the top. Grandmaster is my All Day Vape, while Gambit comes in a close second. Absolute Pin is for those relaxing moments and I still have 2 bottles of Castle Long Reserve sitting in the wings. I also like G2's Carny, it reminds me of Grandmaster with a bit of tobacco mixed in.

The reason Five Pawns stands out is that they use small amounts of many flavors to achieve what others do with a few. This makes the flavor more complex and very distinctive. Great vapor shops use chefs, not chemist to develop juices... its about the palate...

Reactions: Jethead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread