Flashing Batt

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolone1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Spring, TX
I have only been trying this for a week. I got a starter kit from Heavens- Gifts it is a 901. My batt is flashing all of the sudden. Is the batt going bad already? Also my att has started to get warm. I got some juice on Sat. and refilled my carts. It was working fine then last night my wife told me she had seen it starting to flash quite a bit when I was out of the room. I put it on the charger thinking maybe this indicated it was going low. Today it still flashes. Any suggestions? I think that this forum and the people that post on it are great.

coolone1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Spring, TX
I charged it last night. This morning I changed the batt I was using to the one that was freshly charged (the one that was flashing), When I started to vape my atty got hot and the batt started to flash again. Like I said I am new to this but I think it is great. Since I started to vape I haven't smoked any analogs I was a two pack a day smoker for 35 years. Thanks for responding to my first post.

lucke strike

Moved On
Oct 4, 2009
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: spammer

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
Thanks for the info. What is a batt mod?
An oversized replacement for the battery unit that uses larger batteries to provide higher voltage and/or longer life between recharges.

Commercial models include the Prodigy, Screwdriver, Silver Bullet, etc. Some people make their own from a flashlight, laser pointer, or DIY boxes and bits from Radio Shack or wherever.

viny1

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Dayton, TX
I've got a recenty purchased 510 manual batt that simply glows
a dim red constantly.

Doesn't fire up an atty, and doesn't make the charger LED change
from green to red when you insert it.

Pushing the button on it does nothing.

The other one that came with this kit charges and works fine,
so I am pointing to a bad batt as the cause.

I've already contacted Besteciggy regarding the issue.
Has anyone seen this behavior before?
( been glowing 48 hrs now... I suppose it could last a while.. )

viny1

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Dayton, TX
I had an automatic style battery that may have gotten too much juice
down in the hole of the connector. I guess it was causing the vacuum
switch to stick, and the battery would frequently timeout, because it
thought I was drawing on it even when I wasn't. ( blinking a lot ),
and the atomizer was staying pretty warm to the touch.
Some cleaning and blowing/drawing (lightly) on the end of the battery
seemed to have fixed the issue, and the issue hasn't returned since.

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
vinyl1, have you tried screwing in the bat to the charger and then hitting the button on the bat?

I had a bat that the charger wouldn't recognize as low and when I pushed the button (while in the charger) just screwing around with it, the charger seemed to recognize the bat and went to red. I've not had a problem with it since.

coolone1: Is the bat manual where you have to push a button to use it, or automatic in that you just start sucking on it? Because, many of those automatics have a cut off in the circuit that flashes at you when you take too long a drag. That's to keep the atty from overheating. I "believe" that the 901 is one of them.

I am having the same problem with my manual 510 today. I just got it yesterday. pulled it off the charger today and used for a good 2 hours, no propblems. All of a sudden now I have a constant glow. Won't charge on a charger but it does stop glowing while in the usb charger. Even when I press the button.

Its sad because it's my first set and I don't have but one additional battery and no addiitonal's can be ordered till next week. Luckily I do have a usb passthrough coming in the mail that I can use while at a computer, which happens often.

I would love to know if I can somehow fix this?

a dim red constantly.

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
a dim red constantly.

I have a battery that likes to stay on after I take a drag. So annoying. Usually it helps for a little while to use a duster can to blow it out. Always goes back to the way it was though.

Are you talking about the besteciggy in Spokane? I was just wondering because I am going there soon to get a mini hopefully. I've also been buying their juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread