Flavor Concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the DIY world and I've been looking at a lot of different e-juice recipes online, just to get a feel of just how many flavors does an average (beginner) recipe require. I've noticed in a lot of these recipes, their list of ingredients (flavors) come from a variety of different manufacturers.

I'm planning to dip my toe into my new DIY odyssey by buying about 15 flavors. I figure 15 flavors should allow me to make a handful of solid recipes, but there are so many different kinds and brands of any one flavor on the market, it's almost a little overwhelming trying to decide which flavors are the better ones.

Now, I do realize I'm a newbie and I'm going to get stuck some crappy flavors, which is precisely why I want to buy the very least amount of each flavor possible. That way I can learn some lessons and get a better handle on how all this works without breaking the bank.

That said, I have two questions for all of you:
1. What is your top 5 favorite flavor concentrate manufacturers? And... why?
2. What are your top 5 go-to online suppliers that are reliable and offer reasonable prices?

Reactions: BrotherBob

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
be sure to check out the DIY E-Liquid section

I've been diy for years but was mainly aiming at only making one type of juice ;) I've now decided I'm no longer buying premade juice so....can't say much about favorites...
I always look for best price :D between https://bullcityflavors.com and https://nicotineriver.com I was able to get quite a lot of flavors for under $1.50/each

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the DIY world and I've been looking at a lot of different e-juice recipes online, just to get a feel of just how many flavors does an average (beginner) recipe require. I've noticed in a lot of these recipes, their list of ingredients (flavors) come from a variety of different manufacturers.

I'm planning to dip my toe into my new DIY odyssey by buying about 15 flavors. I figure 15 flavors should allow me to make a handful of solid recipes, but there are so many different kinds and brands of any one flavor on the market, it's almost a little overwhelming trying to decide which flavors are the better ones.

Now, I do realize I'm a newbie and I'm going to get stuck some crappy flavors, which is precisely why I want to buy the very least amount of each flavor possible. That way I can learn some lessons and get a better handle on how all this works without breaking the bank.

2. What are your top 5 go-to online suppliers that are reliable and offer reasonable prices?
Hi and welcome,
Find recipes and buy flavours to make those recipes.
Buying random flavours that are not needed for recipes is not an economical idea.

Flavours vary greatly.
Something as "simple" as strawberry flavour means different things to different folks. Some like a fresh berry type flavour, some like a more sweet "preserves" type of flavour and still others like an overly sweet bubble gum type candy strawberry.
Personally I mix TFA strawberry ripe 2 to 1 with Cap sweet strawberry and use that as an accent for a strong RY4 mix. YMMV.

Vendors depend on location. Where are you located?

Cheers
I

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It never ceases to amaze me how a flavor can smell one way from the bottle and taste completely different when it emerges as vapor from the other end of my mod. It is totally subjective to the user and is also affected by the coil/atty/wattage/wicking/airflow/etc. And even if a flavor works well, after a while you'll stop tasting it in a phenomenon known as vaper's tongue. There are only a handful of flavors that always behave well: menthol, cinnamon, citrus, and sweet.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I would strongly recommend finding a few recipes that sound good and are rated highly and then buying the ingredients for them. Many people (including me) start by buying a handful of appealing flavours only to find they don't have what they need for any particular recipe. You can do that if you're mostly interested in single-flavour mixing, but it never works well if you want to make anything more complex.

Our dedicated DIY forum will be delighted to welcome you to the fold and provide any other tips you're looking for.

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019
I would strongly recommend finding a few recipes that sound good and are rated highly and then buying the ingredients for them. Many people (including me) start by buying a handful of appealing flavours only to find they don't have what they need for any particular recipe. You can do that if you're mostly interested in single-flavour mixing, but it never works well if you want to make anything more complex.

Our dedicated DIY forum will be delighted to welcome you to the fold and provide any other tips you're looking for.

Yes, I understand that. I've found 4 recipes that I'd like to make and I have a list of the flavors it requires. That's the reason for my query...

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ

1. Inawera, TFA, SC (Chinese), Flavor Art (a few) and Flavorah (a few). Why? They agree with my odd tastebuds. If I find a recipe I like that uses a different manufacturer I'll tweak it with flavors I know agree with me. I think I've tried almost everyone's to some extent.

2. Bull City Flavors, direct Inawera from Poland, Wizard Labs once in awhile.

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019
Hi and welcome,
Find recipes and buy flavours to make those recipes.
Buying random flavours that are not needed for recipes is not an economical idea.

Flavours vary greatly.
Something as "simple" as strawberry flavour means different things to different folks. Some like a fresh berry type flavour, some like a more sweet "preserves" type of flavour and still others like an overly sweet bubble gum type candy strawberry.
Personally I mix TFA strawberry ripe 2 to 1 with Cap sweet strawberry and use that as an accent for a strong RY4 mix. YMMV.

Vendors depend on location. Where are you located?

Cheers
I

I'm from Nashville, Tn. but considering I'm ordering online... my location probably doesn't matter. :)

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019
1. Inawera, TFA, SC (Chinese), Flavor Art (a few) and Flavorah (a few). Why? They agree with my odd tastebuds. If I find a recipe I like that uses a different manufacturer I'll tweak it with flavors I know agree with me. I think I've tried almost everyone's to some extent.

Great! Thanks. :)

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019
Starting out be careful not to go too heavy on the flavor concentrates. Too much flavor can be quite nasty in vape juice.

Yes, that's what I've read. I plan to use (tried and tested) recipes and take lots of notes for a little while, at least until I get more familiar with mixing and understanding how each flavor reacts with one another.

• Love
Reactions: Izan

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019
be sure to check out the DIY E-Liquid section

I've been diy for years but was mainly aiming at only making one type of juice ;) I've now decided I'm no longer buying premade juice so....can't say much about favorites...
I always look for best price :D between https://bullcityflavors.com and https://nicotineriver.com I was able to get quite a lot of flavors for under $1.50/each

I'm not new to vaping, I'm new at making my own juice. I was asking about favorite companies who make DIY flavor concetrates and the best websites who sell them reasonably... I'm not interested in pre-made e-juices.

Music City Vaper

Apr 5, 2019

Thanks so much for your input. :)

Reactions: glasseye

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I'm not new to vaping, I'm new at making my own juice. I was asking about favorite companies who make DIY flavor concetrates and the best websites who sell them reasonably... I'm not interested in pre-made e-juices.
I think you misread my reply...

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’ve bought from most of the vendors mentioned in the DIY, whoever has what I need at the time. E Cigarette express, One Stop diy, One on One are a few I don’t see mentioned often, but I have had good experiences with them.

All the companies flavors vary, and there may be several similar ones (strawberry sweet, ripe, candy, soda, etc). As you get to know them better, you’ll know what to sub and when. But at first, best to get the exact flavor/manufacturer called for in the recipe.

Just wanted to add, we always ask where a person is from, because we have members around the globe who use different suppliers than we have access to in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread