• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Flavor lost after a week+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cable8

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
N/A
Hi Bro & Sis,

new here. i been vapeing for 10 days and smokefree since then, hope i can quit forever :D

want to check with you guys on the above subject. 2 or 3 days ago something funny happen, i start to lost the flavor/taste of my ejuice or sometime taste only burn. i tried changeing ejuice favor and atomizers still getting this issue. anyone can share some like on this. many thx!

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Thanks daleron on your reply. change heads as in the drip tip?(sorry that the only heads on the ecig i can think of :x )

oh unflavored? but w/o flavored won`t taste funny or getting the hit on the vape? sorry if i ask a stupid question as im new here
    No, not the drip tip :)
    The head or coil is the part that contain's your wick material, they need to be changed every once in a while unless you are using disposable CE's? In that case you'll need new tanks.

Unflavored is actually quite a nice vape, some has a slightly fruity taste, you should keep a bit in your preferred nic level :)

Cable8

Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    N/A
    No, not the drip tip :)
    The head or coil is the part that contain's your wick material, they need to be changed every once in a while unless you are using disposable CE's? In that case you'll need new tanks.

Unflavored is actually quite a nice vape, some has a slightly fruity taste, you should keep a bit in your preferred nic level :)

as me using KangerTech Mini Protank-II, i had try changing a new Atomizer coil head before but still can`t taste it anymore.

Well guess i need to do some research for unflavored juice, the shop didn`t intro me but promoting those favor ejuice so i end up have 5 type of flavor lying at home.

Side Questiong: When you all change ejuice flavor do you guys use same Atomizer/Coil head? isit ok to use the same?

Last edited:

Cable8

Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    N/A
    when u stop smoking, all sorts of funny things start happening

one of them is the initial loss of taste, happened to me

but mow, my taste buds is more sensitive than before

Hi Eragent, so far not yet facing any lost of taste of my drink/food (hope it don`t happen hahaha).
    but ejuice wise is tasteless now... been trying to find out why.

Cable8

Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    N/A
    You are using what kind of mod? Maybe the battery is firing properly?

Already posting what tank am using (KangerTech Mini Protank-II). but guess i miss out my battery, i using those ego VV battery 3.2v ~ 4.8V and my Atomizer/Coil head is 2.5 ohm.

by saying battery is firing properly u mean set at wrong Volt?

wattageous

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Dongdaemun, Seoul
    The burning taste or flavour lost can be due to a few reasons:

1) the new coil head that you installed isn't wicking properly, meaning it's not saturated enough to give you that flavourful vape.

2) depending on the pg/vg ratio you're using, it can take some time to saturate the wick. More vg tends to be thicker and does take some time for the juice to soak up your wick.

3) like some have said, it could be vaper's tongue or vaper's fatique whereby your senses are too used to the flavour of your liquid that it starts to be 'numb'. Try changing to another liquid, drink lots of water or have some coffee to reset your senses/taste buds.

4) Also, there might be a problem with the coil head ie. Wick burnt.

Also, you may experience loss of taste at the initial stage of quitting analogs. Depending on your liquid and also your own preference, you can still use the same coil head when changing to another liquid. I used to be lazy and just change the juice, it still taste fine.

Hope others can help to chip in.

Cable8

Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    N/A
    The burning taste or flavour lost can be due to a few reasons:

1) the new coil head that you installed isn't wicking properly, meaning it's not saturated enough to give you that flavourful vape.

2) depending on the pg/vg ratio you're using, it can take some time to saturate the wick. More vg tends to be thicker and does take some time for the juice to soak up your wick.

3) like some have said, it could be vaper's tongue or vaper's fatique whereby your senses are too used to the flavour of your liquid that it starts to be 'numb'. Try changing to another liquid, drink lots of water or have some coffee to reset your senses/taste buds.

4) Also, there might be a problem with the coil head ie. Wick burnt.

Also, you may experience loss of taste at the initial stage of quitting analogs. Depending on your liquid and also your own preference, you can still use the same coil head when changing to another liquid. I used to be lazy and just change the juice, it still taste fine.

Hope others can help to chip in.

Thanks wattageous, great information that you give.

so far i had try around by changing ejuice and new Coil Heads but still facing the same problem.
    i guess is my tongue numb due to not smoking for 10 days hope it be back to normal once my body get use to it.

Cable8

Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    N/A
    Haha when i mention mod, I was talking about your battery. Anyway, try to increase the voltage or decrease the voltage. If you have another battery would be good to compare. Maybe your battery is faulty

hahaha sorry bro, didn`t know about that. new here and new to ecig. hope not the battery faulty and is new 10 days old only :(

wattageous

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Dongdaemun, Seoul
    Thanks wattageous, great information that you give.

so far i had try around by changing ejuice and new Coil Heads but still facing the same problem.
    i guess is my tongue numb due to not smoking for 10 days hope it be back to normal once my body get use to it.
    Sometimes it pays to take a break from vaping too much. Good luck ;)

Cable8

Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    N/A
    Just curious, what did you set your volt on when you vape?

it depend on my ejuice in the tank. set around 3.8V to 4.2V but normally on 4V.

I think even if you vape at 4.8v with the 2.5ohm coil head, it still shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you give some time in between vapes for the wick to soak properly.

that true not much problem. for me i won`t set to 4.8 it be too hot to vape.
    I can`t go beyond 4.4V to hot to harden. hahaha

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread