• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Flavor lost after a week+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
don`t wish to open a new Thread, wan`t to ask a side question. sorry about out of subject.

i been reading Sticky post on this Group. i getting lost on "Getting Invited into the SG Vapers Private Group"
what it mean by invite to this SG Vapers Group since i already able to post/read this at this group?

An extension of this forum which is not open to public. That sticky is outdated and i had removed it.

Jeffydoo

Verified Member
Dec 1, 2013
NIL
Hi Bro & Sis,

new here. i been vapeing for 10 days and smokefree since then, hope i can quit forever :D

want to check with you guys on the above subject. 2 or 3 days ago something funny happen, i start to lost the flavor/taste of my ejuice or sometime taste only burn. i tried changeing ejuice favor and atomizers still getting this issue. anyone can share some like on this. many thx!

First of all, congratulations on your switch, I did the switch about 7 months ago and I've been vaping eversince then, if many can do it, you can too.

Assuming your Battery and atomisers are firing properly,
Loosing flavour and taste of your juice is very common with new vapers, here are the possible causes in the order of likeliness, u need to do some elimination and figure out somehow, we can only help so much.. here it goes:

1. Moisture and water content entered the ejuice. Most Ejuice contain VG and VG itself absorbs moisture in the air, usually about up to about 15% of your VG content. If that happens, you may notice the juice will become more viscous(less thick) and flavour will of course, be less tasty. Assuming the common Ejuice ratio of 70% PG and 30% VG, 15% of that 30% VG is actually 4.5% of the entire e-liquid, which is quite alot, u can try adding about 0.45ml of water into your eliquid and u will notice a substantial difference.
and if it's 5050 PGVG, it would be 0.75ml, almost 1ml of water added into your e-liquid.

2. "Getting used to it", It's just like when you first tasted mango many many many years ago, it's very refreshing, unique, sweet, but after sometime, the taste becomes registered to you and it may not taste as good as the first time. Same goes for eating spicy food, the more often you have them, the less you feel because we get used to the taste. It all applies to most of the stuff we take in, Even smoking analogues.

3. Wick becomes "worn out" therefore it functions less effectively(Very common with cotton). Purpose of the wick is to draw juice to your coil, if it gets deteriorated, burnt(usually in the centre part of the coil). If the wick is loosing it's function, you should change it.

4. Contaminated coils, the heating element in the atomiser(the coil) goes up to very high temperatures and depending on the content of the liquid, the burnt juice will solidify and cook up the coil, deeming it less effective. Get it check, and change if necessary.

That is all I can think of, for me, I change my wick about once or twice every week, everytime I do a change, I would dry burn the coil and see if it needs replacement, and I will recoil and replace it if deem necessary..

But since you've already change the wick and coil and still facing the same issue, I would think that the first 2 possibility mentioned above are higher..

All the best! and congrats on your switch!

Cheers

Last edited:

yddang

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
East
Hi Bro & Sis,

new here. i been vapeing for 10 days and smokefree since then, hope i can quit forever :D

want to check with you guys on the above subject. 2 or 3 days ago something funny happen, i start to lost the flavor/taste of my ejuice or sometime taste only burn. i tried changeing ejuice favor and atomizers still getting this issue. anyone can share some like on this. many thx!

It could also mean another thing... Time to upgrade your gear... Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cable8

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
N/A
It could also mean another thing... Time to upgrade your gear... Hahahah

Hahaha.... Join 10 day only don't come poison me! Haiz for the pass, after all research on ecig really kind of tao poison so want to buy this buy that but don't think my CFO will approve it T_T

yddang

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
East
Hahaha.... Join 10 day only don't come poison me! Haiz for the pass, after all research on ecig really kind of tao poison so want to buy this buy that but don't think my CFO will approve it T_T

Tell your CFO, it is for your health and to help you stay away from analogs... Sure approve... Instant approval. Hahaha

Cable8

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
N/A
First of all, congratulations on your switch, I did the switch about 7 months ago and I've been vaping eversince then, if many can do it, you can too.

Assuming your Battery and atomisers are firing properly,
Loosing flavour and taste of your juice is very common with new vapers, here are the possible causes in the order of likeliness, u need to do some elimination and figure out somehow, we can only help so much.. here it goes:

1. Moisture and water content entered the ejuice. Most Ejuice contain VG and VG itself absorbs moisture in the air, usually about up to about 15% of your VG content. If that happens, you may notice the juice will become more viscous(less thick) and flavour will of course, be less tasty. Assuming the common Ejuice ratio of 70% PG and 30% VG, 15% of that 30% VG is actually 4.5% of the entire e-liquid, which is quite alot, u can try adding about 0.45ml of water into your eliquid and u will notice a substantial difference.
and if it's 5050 PGVG, it would be 0.75ml, almost 1ml of water added into your e-liquid.

2. "Getting used to it", It's just like when you first tasted mango many many many years ago, it's very refreshing, unique, sweet, but after sometime, the taste becomes registered to you and it may not taste as good as the first time. Same goes for eating spicy food, the more often you have them, the less you feel because we get used to the taste. It all applies to most of the stuff we take in, Even smoking analogues.

3. Wick becomes "worn out" therefore it functions less effectively(Very common with cotton). Purpose of the wick is to draw juice to your coil, if it gets deteriorated, burnt(usually in the centre part of the coil). If the wick is loosing it's function, you should change it.

4. Contaminated coils, the heating element in the atomiser(the coil) goes up to very high temperatures and depending on the content of the liquid, the burnt juice will solidify and cook up the coil, deeming it less effective. Get it check, and change if necessary.

That is all I can think of, for me, I change my wick about once or twice every week, everytime I do a change, I would dry burn the coil and see if it needs replacement, and I will recoil and replace it if deem necessary..

But since you've already change the wick and coil and still facing the same issue, I would think that the first 2 possibility mentioned above are higher..

All the best! and congrats on your switch!

Cheers

Thanks Jeffydoo, thanks for sharing

Ya as you pointer out, my best guess is first 2 point. I have some ejuice which I don't no the contain of VG/PG the shop I buy from didn't told me.
Time to google those juice name to find out the contain.

I feel like a student now, so much thing to learn, hope is not some rocket science hahaha

Cable8

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
N/A
Tell your CFO, it is for your health and to help you stay away from analogs... Sure approve... Instant approval. Hahaha

My CFO know me too well, won't so 2pid lo and she smoke too. I trying to get her some gear to join in the fun then time to poison her muhahaha

Cable8

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
N/A
  • Deleted by Syn007
  • Reason: Places mentioned.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread