Flavor profiles of attys and cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I thought tank systems had muted flavors?

In any case, I'm talking more about different flavors being more noticeable between any type of carto or atty.

Think he was referring to CE2's, G4's, and those type of none filler type cartos. But IMO, the flavor I get from my ego-t type b isn't as muted as a filler type carto.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Honestly have never tried those. I have tried the LR kr808 cartos that he carries that give a very nice vape. I have nothing against filler type cartos since I use the one I mentioned along with: 808 dual coils, 510 dual coils, resurrectors from CCV, boge lr 2.0, and volt cartos. I like all of them for the ease of use, vapor, and TH. Also have some IKV Gold V2's coming and eager to try those out.

From my experience is that when you use an atty (only use cisco type atties) or an ego-t type b atomizer and you start vaping with filler type cartos. You can taste the filler material that mutes the flavor because of the filler unless the juice your using is pretty strong like a double or triple flavor addition.

Not everyone likes tank systems since the draw has a slight learning curve to gain the TH and vapor that people want. Also, the maintenance of such systems is a bit tedious at times but it doesn't take as long to dry them like cartos do.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I have, I prefer the CE2s but the 801 Fusions are a very good vape for a filler carto, it's all preference.

Were the Fusions you tried the original or the LR (and at what voltage)? Sorry for the questions, but I think details like this are important.

Also, when you say preference, are you talking taste vs convenience?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
They were the reg ohm version, I doubt the LR version would be much if any different just need to use it at a lower voltage. If you're using a 3.7 mod or one of the proprietary batteries you'll probably want the LR version. I think I found around 4.4v to be the sweet spot but again that's going to be strictly preference and have alot to do with what juice is being used. Different juices can have different characteristics at different voltages.

The reason I said preference is taste. I haven't found anything that compares to my modded CE2s for taste. Convenience would probably go to the Fusion or any other filler carto, they are easier to fill for most people and they are also more durable, I use the clearos and have to be more careful if I take them out and about. Just depends on the user.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I have juices I only drip. I have juices I only use in a MAP tank (CE2). I have juices that are great in a dual coil carto, but I don't like in a 2.0 ohm boge. So, no. It isn't just you.

I can give one example that drives me up a wall. The juice I consume the most of these days is BWB Applewood. I like dripping it - I really like it in a dual coil. It's almost flavorless in a 2.0 ohm boge... and that just seems strange to me, so I keep trying it now and then just to be sure. The 2.0 ohm boge often produces the best flavor of all my cartos, but not with that juice.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I have juices I only drip. I have juices I only use in a MAP tank (CE2). I have juices that are great in a dual coil carto, but I don't like in a 2.0 ohm boge. So, no. It isn't just you.

I can give one example that drives me up a wall. The juice I consume the most of these days is BWB Applewood. I like dripping it - I really like it in a dual coil. It's almost flavorless in a 2.0 ohm boge... and that just seems strange to me, so I keep trying it now and then just to be sure. The 2.0 ohm boge often produces the best flavor of all my cartos, but not with that juice.

Thanks. I've been experiencing the same type of thing. I think juice really needs to be created for the carto or atty it's going to be used with for best results. Now if only US or western e-cig suppliers would partner up with US or western e-juice brewers, we'd have some seriously good products....(I know Bloog is trying to partner up with Backwoods Brew, but I don't know if it's actually happening or not).

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Is it just me or do some cartos and attys work better with different juices than others? I mean, you can have one carto and juice that doesn't work at all, but try a different brand/model carto and it's fine with the same juice (and the first carto worked very well with other juices).

Not just you. This is normal. How well a juice will work depends a lot on the temperature of the vapor. If you aren't having good luck with a juice using a small battery, try it with a big battery. And vice versa.

And more specific to your question, a cart with an atty is a juice mizer. A carto floods the mouth with juice. There again one could be a switch hitter :)

If you use the 3-piece cart steup, another tried and true way to tune the vapino experience to the juice is to switch beteen polyfill and teabags.

You can do what I suggest by owning two different types of ecigs. Myself I use a 510 and switch back and forth between the standard battery and the mega battery. Though different sizes of batteries are common for ecigs these days. I'd switch back to carts once in a while but I can't put up with the inconvience.

HTH,
Dave

birdbrains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2011
New York, NY
This thread is a must read for all new vapers. I have found so many juices that have completely different flavors depending on what you use them in. It can be really depressing to learn this at first when you find something you love but realize it doesn't work in some of your setups.

I would love for my favorite juice providers to clearly say what type of system they use to taste and create their juices or what systems do not clearly represent the flavors they created. Kind of a "you may love this in your clearo but it definitely has our intended taste in a 510 2.0 atty" type thing.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Thanks. I've been experiencing the same type of thing. I think juice really needs to be created for the carto or atty it's going to be used with for best results. Now if only US or western e-cig suppliers would partner up with US or western e-juice brewers, we'd have some seriously good products....(I know Bloog is trying to partner up with Backwoods Brew, but I don't know if it's actually happening or not).

The only issue with that is, it's all preference. What me or you might think taste better in a CE2 in comparison to Boge the next two people might just as easily think the opposite. Just find what works for you and go with it.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
The only issue with that is, it's all preference. What me or you might think taste better in a CE2 in comparison to Boge the next two people might just as easily think the opposite. Just find what works for you and go with it.

When a chef prepares a meal, it's a creation with the flavor he or she intended. Same thing should go for e-juice. Besides, you'd still be free to try it out on other devices if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread