Status
Not open for further replies.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
Going to be going to a Vapefest soon and was wondering what is the best things to take to try a lot of juices. I have an EGO-C and Twist. I thought maybe removing filler material from a carto but not sure how that would work. Do you just try different flavors in same carto? Have watched videos of Phil B. testing juices and it looks like he's using a carto but not sure if it has filling or not.
Want to be prepared to test and buy some new flavors.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Two solutions: a dripping atomizer or a Nano clearomizer.

atomizer-3.jpg atomizer.jpg atomizer510.jpg

Atomizers are juice delivery devices not too different from a cartomizer, but have no polyfill in them to hold e-liquid. With an atomizer, one drops only few drops of juice into the atomizer and then vapes it. After a several puffs, a few more additional drops of juice will need to be added to continue vaping. This ritual is repeated as long as the user vapes.

Many vapors prefer to use this method over others, as there is no wicking material involved which may affect the flavor of the juice. Many people also use this method to test out new sample flavors.

A video on how to use an atomizer: ProVape Electronic Cigarette Atomizers & Cartomizers Refill and Instructional Video - YouTube

DiscountVapers.com_Vision_Nano.JPG volt-ce3.jpg

A Nano clearomizer is a smaller clearomizer in the size and shape of a cartomizer. As someone who doesn't drip on an atomizer, I find these to be useful for testing out new flavor samples. They only hold 1ml of juice, and are easily re-useable by simply removing the first flavor and adding the next. Easy screw off top like the regular clearomizers to fill. They use their own stock proprietary mouthpiece. Allow to sit for a few minutes after filling to allow the bottom-fed wick and coil to become wet before using.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I always dripped 510s but you either need a bunch of them or else deal with overlapping flavors, there's no filler but there are seams and crevices where the juice permeates into the lower body. I'm starting to think an RDA with some extra precoiled wicks would be better, even without the extras it would be easy to rinse the wick off in water and dry burn for a fresher vape than a used 510. The only problem would be the superior flavor from them, you won't get that exact flavor from a 510 or carto, so I guess it only makes real sense if your main device is rebuildable.

Last edited:

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
The problem with 306 is they taste nothing like 510, for a full time 510 user like I used to be, 306 was not an option. It's even more difficult now with so many options. It also depends on your liquid, I main-vape one that is super sensitive to change, more often than not it tastes horrible which makes many attys unusable. With others it shines more than anything I've ever tasted. I envy those who can jump around between devices and juices and remain satisfied.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Tip: dripping attys come sealed and unsealed. There are two ways to go: buying a sealed atty to avoid leaking on your battery post unless you don't mind using kleenex while you get the hang of how many drops to use. Or buying a sealed adpater with it. In the case of ego c, that would be a 5l0-to-5l0 sealed adapter. I've seen at least one vendor who doesn't describe with the words "sealed/unsealed" but says "with/without center hole" describing their adapters. Also, a drip shield will make your draw tighter just like your ego cone does but if you don't mind that then sealed/unsealed probably isn't issue as the drip shield will confine leaks until you can get to the sink to rinse it and use kleenex cleanup on your battery post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread