Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I ordered 1, 15ml bottle of peachy menthol flavor shot
I want 6mg nic in my final vape juice

Here's what I did, numbers are not exact, as I rounded where I could.

15ml peachy menthol base
+
31ml USP VG
+
7ml, 48mg nic/vg base
=
53ml peachy menthol

I'm gonna let this steep 3 days, then see how it goes.

cost breakdown
my nic was free when I ordered so many flavors from a diy company
vg was $7 for 120ml
flavorshot was $15 (considered shipping too)

$4.45 for 53ml of peachy menthol juice
.084 cents per ML of juice (well below the going rate)

Thanks PureSmoker!!!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Here are my breakdowns for "NillaNova", & "Minthia". I'm posting these here for my future reference, lol, and yours too if you want to vape at 6mg nic.

Nillanova is 2.78% strength in a 15ml bottle

2.8 x 15 =42ml total volume
-15ml nillanova flavoring
_______
27ml vg/pg/nic
5ml 48mg nicotine
22ml vg or pg

Minthia is 5.88% strength in a 15ml bottle

6 x 15 = 87ml total volume
-15ml minthia flavoring
--------------------------
72ml vg/pg/nic

11ml 48mg nic
61ml vg/pg

I didn't do a cost analysis on these 2, but I can if you want. You can already see from the 1st post in this thread, that it ends up being dirt cheap if you use a flavor shot & your own nicotine vg & pg. Especially for the minthia....... that is 87ml of juice that a single flavor shot makes.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Only because I'm a stickler for things like this (not hating or overriding)... you should include a guesstimated price of the nicotine base and what level the end product has of nicotine.

With 100mg base nicotine in quantity (125ml bottle for 46.95 so .38 cents per ml)

peachy menthol is 28% for the mix. (max batch is 53.55ml)

100mg base x 12.9 ml = $4.90
PG/AG/VG x 25.7 ml = $1.23 (used 11.95 for a 250ml bottle, but if you're using AG much more expensive if i remember correctly)
1 whole flavor shot (15 ml) = 8.99

so $15.12 total for 53.55ml ($.282 cents/ml). If you bought 120ml of PS's completed juice = 64.99 so $.542/ml. Or, @ 60ml 34.99/60 = $.583/ml.

if you ordered everything at once to minimize shipping (11.95+46.95+shipping) + ((8.99x10)+shipping) = 148.8 + 2x shipping (unless you get other stuff at PS to get free shipping)...

i know that using 48mg base or my fave TW plat ice 54mg base makes the numbers make way less sense to do... i think i did the math the other day on the other PS forum and i'd only save a couple dollars using plat ice... in this case (with HIGH nicotine base) you can save some but who knows the outcome... i trust the nico base from MFS I've used it in the past, but it doesn't taste as good as the plat ice and i don't know if it would even taste as good as the regular juice from PS. i thought a long time ago plat ice could be bought in a higher MG content but maybe I'm mistaken. I'd have to look at the bottle i let go to waste at home... yay 50 bucks down the tube. heh. plat ice needs 23.8 ml of a 30ml bottle that costs 45 dollars ($35.69 just in base which is more than a 60ml bottle from PS)... buying plat ice in bulk doesn't help a whole lot either. I REALLY tried to make the numbers make sense better with plat ice. I'm thinking Mr. Cash & Jeff use high quality base (the juice tastes quality) - but i don't know how similar it is to plat ice.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
myfreedomsmokes.com sells 100mg pg, pg/vg, and vg i believe... i was only saying that it would go a long way because you'd be mixing a metric TON of straight pg/vg to get down to 6mg juice. even with the plat ice 54mg down to 6 = a lot of non-nic juice to get the nicotine level you want...

i wish i could handle that low of nico juice lol... in that case i'd definitely mixing my own juice...

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I'm not going to argue with you.
I was at 24mg for 6 months, & it simply caught up with me, so I dropped to 6mg without a hitch.

ATM these juices have been set aside, as i'm undergoing a personal experiment with all VG based flavoring & nic, along with the flavoring being organic when I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread