Flavor West DIY flavor review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started using FW through mount baker Vapor. I like the 15ml bottles so I don't have to commit to larger amounts until I know what I like. So far I have mixed ecto cooler, Thug juice, jungle juice, peach, watermelon and Vanilla Butternut and various fruit flavors. peach is very good bynyhe way. i usually mix at about 25% 50/50. Seems less than 25% is pretty tasteless. I am trying to recreate MBV Berry Creamy without success. Any suggestions which cream flavor to use to mix with berry and fruit. I have sweet cream AMD whipped cream flavorings. Any ideas?
Have you tried it with cheesecake? That's what it tasted like to me.

Tim L

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 5, 2013
Cleveland, Tn
goldenvapors.com
I am new to FW and curious of the base of the flavoring. PG, alcohol, or VG? Being that I will use higher % I want to factor in the base so my end product is to my preferred ratio.

Hi,
All of the FW flavors are PG based unless otherwise specified on their site. I haven't personally used any that are not all PG though.
Use a calculator like ejuicemeup and it will factor that in no matter which base your flavor uses, so you can get the percentage you want.

Tim L

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi,
All of the FW flavors are PG based unless otherwise specified on their site. I haven't personally used any that are not all PG though.
Use a calculator like ejuicemeup and it will factor that in no matter which base your flavor uses, so you can get the percentage you want.

Tim L

ejuicemeup will not factor in the correct percentages of PG and VG. Add 50% water to your recipe and it will still tell you that your VG+PG = 100%, how can that be with 50% water. In this example PG + VG should equal 50%. Also tell the calculator that your flavors include 0 PG and 0 VG, PG+VG still equals 100%.
You have no way of knowing what your final ratio of VG and PG is.

Marredding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Warwick MD
Since I started DIY and had time for my taste buds to rejuvenate I find I am mixing at a much lower flavor percentage. Maybe the strong mixes had time to steep. I've cut the flavorings down to max around 12% many much less. Those I had mixed at 20% had to be toned down in half. I am getting pretty good at this. I bought an ultrasonic cleaner which helps with the steep time. I going to try the cheesecake mixed with the berry for the MBV Creamy Berry. That makes sense. The "creamy" just might be cheesecake. Sweet cream, whipped cream and butter cream just are not the flavor I'm looking for in this mix. Thanks for the idea

Marredding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Warwick MD
I am wondering what others are doing with the peanut butter flavoring. I like the taste but not alone. I've tried grape and strawberry with it and it's okay. Today I mixed peanut butter with banana split and whipped cream. Really good interesting combo. I had the flavors mixed separately and just put them in a tank.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I am wondering what others are doing with the peanut butter flavoring. I like the taste but not alone. I've tried grape and strawberry with it and it's okay. Today I mixed peanut butter with banana split and whipped cream. Really good interesting combo. I had the flavors mixed separately and just put them in a tank.

I couldn't get PBCup right using FW Milk Choc or TFA Milk Choc but MBV PBC is pretty good.

FW PB + FW Banana is meh but PB + MBV Banana Cream Pie gets the Angels singing Elvis Presley songs :)

PB + Sugar Cookie is ok but PB + Graham Cracker is good enough to be a releasable product PB Cookie

FW PB is my #3 flavor after FW Butterscotch & MBV Hawk Sauce - It's better than TFA PB to me

Last edited:

Marredding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Warwick MD
Thanks Mowgli. I am going to try PB with some graham cracker. I have a big batch of graham cracker already mixed and ready to vape. I didn't like Graham cracker alone either. I actually had sugar cookie flavoring in my MBV cart before you replied. I was thinking it would make a good PB cookie and you confirmed it. Thanks for the feedback

Tim L

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 5, 2013
Cleveland, Tn
goldenvapors.com
ejuicemeup will not factor in the correct percentages of PG and VG. Add 50% water to your recipe and it will still tell you that your VG+PG = 100%, how can that be with 50% water. In this example PG + VG should equal 50%. Also tell the calculator that your flavors include 0 PG and 0 VG, PG+VG still equals 100%.
You have no way of knowing what your final ratio of VG and PG is.

Hi,
I understand what you are saying to a point. However, it will tell you your percentage of PG and VG that you put into your mix. If your putting in 50% water, well,,, I wouldn't want to put that in my atty. lol I know it was just an example... :2cool:

It does not give you the percent of pg and vg over all, but it does tell you the percentage that they will be in your mix of what ever else is involved. However, if you list the items in the recipe, then it will give you the percentages of each item on the right side, along with number of drops, and ml.

You may need to add 20% of one and 30% of the other, but the goal of the program is to have the final value the way you set it.

So far I haven't found a better calculator to use. I have tried a few others. You can always stump a simple program if you try, but like I said before - it is the best one I have found yet. If there is a better program in your opinion, please do share the name, and I will test it out for sure.
One thing I do know, is that if I do all my mixing using this program, I can take that saved recipe, and replicate it perfectly at any size I want to make that day. After all, isn't that the goal when making eliquids? Perfect replication time after time? It does that well.

Tim L

Tim L

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 5, 2013
Cleveland, Tn
goldenvapors.com
Thanks Mowgli. I am going to try PB with some graham cracker. I have a big batch of graham cracker already mixed and ready to vape. I didn't like Graham cracker alone either. I actually had sugar cookie flavoring in my MBV cart before you replied. I was thinking it would make a good PB cookie and you confirmed it. Thanks for the feedback

I did not like it alone either.
I think it is useful for using as a crust, for deserts that usually have a graham cracker crust. That is what I got it for. My blue berry cheese cake is awesome now. Try it that way. It only takes a small percentage of the graham cracker added or it will over power the other flavors.

Tim L

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I am new to FW and curious of the base of the flavoring. PG, alcohol, or VG? Being that I will use higher % I want to factor in the base so my end product is to my preferred ratio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All 30+ of of mine are pg based. Now their "could" be exceptions but I would feel confident saying most if not all are pg based

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
I have not smoked in over 20 years but I did use smokeless tobacco pouches for the past 10 year and just started vaping a couple of months ago. Perhaps my tate buds are not the greatest but I use FW Blueberry at 30% along with MBV Moo Juice at 15% also Strawberry andMoo at same rates and to me these are vey good.

Since Moo Juice has been OOS I have been trying to sub it and 30% Bluebery, 15% Vanilla Bean Icecream and 5% Sweet Cream is fairly close but could be better.

All above FW in a PG 60 , VG 40 , Nic 12 . I have compare FW 15ml. flavorngs from MBV to the 4oz. sizes from FW and the 8 I have compared were the same concentrations IMO.

Vamo 3 at 5.5 to 6.5 watts ,Kanger Evods

PS MBV ((FW) Viginia Fire Cured Tobacco at 6% in PG 80 / VG 20 12% Nic is srong to me while TFA Black Honey Tobacco in same base is very smooth .

Last edited:

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Does flavorwest actually make good tobacco flavoring?

I just received their straight "tobacco flavoring" and it is HORRID. It tastes/smells like incense sticks, a chainsmoking hobo, with a subtle hint of an old wet cigarette soaked in urine and dried in the sun. This stuff is worse than a real cigarette!

I only used 1 drop in a 10ml mix.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Does flavorwest actually make good tobacco flavoring?

I just received their straight "tobacco flavoring" and it is HORRID. It tastes/smells like incense sticks, a chainsmoking hobo, with a subtle hint of an old wet cigarette soaked in urine and dried in the sun. This stuff is worse than a real cigarette!

I only used 1 drop in a 10ml mix.

Anything you get from them will need steeping.
I found that most of their flavors are good in 70/30 18mg at about 12%-12.5%
(out of over 75 flavors from FW/MBV)
That's a lot of alcohol to aerate and flavor to blend especially if you're used to under 1% w/super concentrates.

Hangsen RY1 is arguably the most accurate american cigarette tobacco flavor and is good at 2.75%

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Anything you get from them will need steeping.
I found that most of their flavors are good in 70/30 18mg at about 12%-12.5%
(out of over 75 flavors from FW/MBV)
That's a lot of alcohol to aerate and flavor to blend especially if you're used to under 1% w/super concentrates.

Hangsen RY1 is arguably the most accurate american cigarette tobacco flavor and is good at 2.75%

I am not exactly sure steeping will help. I have never(out of the 100 or so juices I have tried)had a vomit worthy juice become good, let alone delicous. I am under the assumption that "okay" juice becomes amazing, but "disgusting" juice stays disgusting, regardless of how long it steeps. I will whip up a small bottle of this stuff and leave it to sit but I will literally be shocked if it improves. :/

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I am not exactly sure steeping will help. I have never(out of the 100 or so juices I have tried)had a vomit worthy juice become good, let alone delicous. I am under the assumption that "okay" juice becomes amazing, but "disgusting" juice stays disgusting, regardless of how long it steeps. I will whip up a small bottle of this stuff and leave it to sit but I will literally be shocked if it improves. :/

OK so it'll go from gross to smooth and gross :)

fadifafitto

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
Germany
I made some 10ml/12mg test samples of several FW flavors:

All mixed at 10%, 30PG/70VG with 1% EM and steeped for 1 week

Peach Tobacco ---------- Ok
Grenade ------------------- Good
Lemonade ----------------- Very Good
Green Apple -------------- EXCELLENT

I was really surprised with the green apple, because when I smelled it after mixing, it smelled funny,
but after 1 week it did taste like real sweet Yellow Apple, perfect at 10%, simply delicious, :thumb:
maybe a bit of sour would make it more green apple,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread