Flavor West Orange Natural: No Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostbladder

Jul 3, 2020
I've been mixing my own juice for about 4 years. I've tried a lot of different flavorings. Similar to a peachy flavored vape juice I ordered once from humble, the Flavor West Orange Natural flavoring seems to have an odd effect on me. It makes me tired, light headed, and gives me a headache. I've tried smaller amounts, but to no difference. After about a month of testing with it on and off, I have narrowed it down to just this particular flavoring. Really awful feeling.

I potentially have a bad batch. Perhaps I am just allergic to it or something. I do recall it having particulate floating around when I first got it, but it went away and I ignored it, not wanting to waste it. Generally though, I would recommend that it be avoided. There are plenty of other orange flavorings out there and I would not risk this awful experience.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I have many orange flavors including FW Orange (Natural). Never had the experience you describe with FW Orange (Natural).

While that may be Your Own Personal Experience - - - Making a Generalized Recommendation that FW Orange (Natural) should be avoided by Others - - - Is Wrong. Many use and enjoy the flavor and Do Not share your very personal experience. You are the Only person I've ever heard this from about this flavor.

This from Bull City Flavors covers particulate (as you say) in certain flavors:

"Cloudiness in certain flavors can be caused by multiple things. Cloudiness in flavors made from natural ingredients is actually pretty common and can change from batch to batch depending on the natural flavor and the amount used, since no two "apples or oranges" are the same. Also PG and VG are antimicrobial, just a FYI."

I sincerely doubt you received a bad batch. Flavor West has excellent quality control.

Every flavor - - - before it is used - - - should Always Be Shaken Well.

If you like orange, and are looking for excellent oranges, I would suggest FA Blood Orange and FA Royal Orange. Paired together they make for a very complete and convincing orange profile.

FA Blood Orange is the authentic, bold flavor of blood oranges. It's fade-resistant and includes both sweet and zesty notes (but not overly zesty).

FA Royal Orange is the flavor of navel orange juice. It’s FA’s sweetest, smoothest orange flavor, with no zest notes at all. It is not a sickly sweet.

If you like a more zesty orange then add a couple drops to 0.25% of SSA Natural Lemon.

Good luck!!!

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread