flavor where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Imo there is no such thing as a flavor build if your talking about different styles of coils . I have tried all different coils styles and compared them to a well wicked and wrapped basic coil and to me , the flavor is essentially the same .

Some people make it sound like the flavor differences between coil types is considerably but i just don't buy any of it. Buy an RDA that is known for flavor , to this day i still think the Magma and Veritas are numero uno for flavor .

I like them considerably more than the new stuff out there as well .

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Do you want MORE flavor or BETTER flavor? They are not the same. Beer tastes different when sipped or chugged, just saying.

Try closing off the air-flow of your best cloud producing build. Note how the flavor changes.... Basically to create flavor you replace the air in the atty with vapor. It's not so much about the build. You might also try turning down the volts/watts. You don't need all that cloud producing heat to make good flavor.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What kind of wattage do you want to run?
My suggestion is take whatever atty and build you like the best.. Drip some juice in it, cut the air flow in half or more and turn down the watts to minimum. Hit it and adjust wattage up till you get the flavor you are after. Point is the build you like the best NOW, is probably the right one. You just have to learn to TASTE the vapor.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Well since I started building coils iv learned how to build all kinds of coils parallel twisted claptons fused claptons alien claptons and I really don't notice a whole lot of difference between any of these I even build basic coils still. I do notice that I hate ramp up time so on some of my claptons I tend to overpower them to get that instant vape. I'm just wondering if I should build like a 1 -2 ohm single coil with low power to get the best flavor possible

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Well since I started building coils iv learned how to build all kinds of coils parallel twisted claptons fused claptons alien claptons and I really don't notice a whole lot of difference between any of these I even build basic coils still. I do notice that I hate ramp up time so on some of my claptons I tend to overpower them to get that instant vape. I'm just wondering if I should build like a 1 -2 ohm single coil with low power to get the best flavor possible

Going to 1 to 2 ohms will teach allot about how to build a good coil.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
hi Shannon !
using an aromamizer rdta love it ..got 4 of them now ! playing with different coil builds ..so far the best ones are twisted 34 g 4 strands ! wound on 2.5 mm drill bits . got one at 1.4 ohms and another at 2 ohms .
vaping at 20 to 23 watts. great flavor and good battery life and good performance . love the 2 ohm .
( single coil )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread