Flavor with new Drip Shield and Universal Drip Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumtrip

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Richmond, VA
So I was very excited to receive my Empire Drip Shield and Cherry vape Universal Drip Tip in the mail yesterday. I got a HEX drip shield which seems like it is made of plastic (the site says aluminum but I think that is only for the non HEX ones). Everything works great except that when I put it on my Silver Bullet with a 306 I seem to get less flavor than I do with a Cherry vape Cannon tip. The setup I am using is a 306 with 510-510 adapter, the shield, universal drip tip and a ming drip tip on top of that.

I tried curing the inside of the shield and the universal drip tip with some unflavored VG, I've been vaping it for a couple of days but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

I have tired both a LR 306 at 3.7v and a 3.0ohm at 6v and I get the same thing. When I switch back to the cannon the flavor still seems a bit better.

I am wondering if it just my tastebuds going in and out or if it might be something with the new setup. Has anyone had any problems with plastic absorbing flavor?

Thanks!

Last edited:

drumtrip

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Richmond, VA
Thanks for the bump, I don't really know the answer. This morning my flavor was fine on the cannon again but I tried the shield and universal and no flavor. I really think it is because the pieces might be freshly milled. I will keep trying and see if the problem fades after some time. I may also try a metal drip shield as well to see if the problem goes away.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
In the instruction sheet, it says you can widen the holes for better airflow.
Do you feel as if the draw is too stiff? If you do then take a safety pin or needle and stick it in one of the air holes on the shield and make a circular motion a few times. This will widen the hole and give a bit more air flow. Test it and if you still want a bit more, do it to the other side.
The difference could be that the opening of the cannon allows more vapor through and it gives you a better hit-than what the Ming is giving. The Ming has a smaller opening and doesn't allow as much vapor through at the same rate.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Thanks for the bump, I don't really know the answer. This morning my flavor was fine on the cannon again but I tried the shield and universal and no flavor. I really think it is because the pieces might be freshly milled. I will keep trying and see if the problem fades after some time. I may also try a metal drip shield as well to see if the problem goes away.

No problem, HzG8rGrl gave you some great tips.

drumtrip

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Richmond, VA
Thanks everyone, just a quick update, I got a steel ming from Cherry today and tried it again and I found it helped a lot with the flavor! I would like to also give it a try with an aluminum drip shield, I would also love it if CV came out with some version of the universal in either aluminum or steel to give that a try too but the mechanics of it might not work. Either way I think the theory that the delrin and plastics can mess with the flavor a bit.

I also agree with the above about the cannon vs the ming openings. The cannon really is the ferrari of 306 tips! I have tried the regular plastic drip tips and some of the nicer avid vapor ones and none have the same flavor and vapor of the Cannon. Great experience that is hard to replicate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread