Flavorings not vaping right for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I've been vaping my DIY e-liquid made with liquidxpress Taboo flavoring (similar to RY4) for a few days now and I really like it. I mixed it a bit strong because my sense of taste isn't the norm. I give it two thumbs up and look forward to trying out some other flavors :)

I just got some of the RY4 flavoring fom Liquidxpress to mix with 36mg unflavored from EastMall along with VG to make a 24mg strength but haven't tried it yet. How did you mix it? What ratio or milliliters?

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
I just got some of the RY4 flavoring fom Liquidxpress to mix with 36mg unflavored from EastMall along with VG to make a 24mg strength but haven't tried it yet. How did you mix it? What ratio or milliliters?

My syringe is jammed so I had to use drops (sorry).

43 drops Unflavored 36mg
17 drops 100% NOW VG
4 drops Distilled water
20 drops Taboo flavoring

I think it made about 3ml, approx 18mg strength Taboo flavored e-liquid on the strong tasting side.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Agreed, I've followed a few peoples recipes and all that I have concocted were all on the waxy taste side of things. I'll probably try again but it's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that this DIY stuff isn't going to do it for me. I really like the sweet stuff and I cannot seem to figure out how to get it sweet. It was worth a try I guess. I might very well be doing something wrong but I followed a few recipes to the letter and sill get a very waxy VG taste. And it seems to hang on to my atomizer and kill the flavor of anything else I put in.

That's it ......WAXY! I've been trying to mix a menthol with 50% menthol from MVS, 50% VG and menthol crystals and all I can taste is this darn VG....I was describing it as almost soapy but maybe it's waxy! I'm getting PG from the pharmacy today so hopefully I can use it with the menthol crystals and it will kill the VG taste....ugh....

Deadmau5

Apr 4, 2009
sooooooo

this is my very first post ever

and I really love vaping, I cant put this down since last week when I got it...

and I tried the tasty puffs thing, but my e-cigarette broke

whether it had anything to do with the tasty puff, i have no idea, but my e-cigarette battery and the atomizer both broke after the time I tried tasty puff.

1/3 tasty puff strawberry, 2/3 strawberry 36mg strawberry

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
sooooooo

this is my very first post ever

and I really love vaping, I cant put this down since last week when I got it...

and I tried the tasty puffs thing, but my e-cigarette broke

whether it had anything to do with the tasty puff, i have no idea, but my e-cigarette battery and the atomizer both broke after the time I tried tasty puff.

1/3 tasty puff strawberry, 2/3 strawberry 36mg strawberry

what's it doing/not doing? why do you think both are broken?

Randee Salerno

May 4, 2009
Hi,
The Capella Flavor Drops are not like the Lorann, these dissolve much better and provide a much better flavor. I even think a company called JuicyLiquid.com uses capella as their flavoring.

I tried the Lorann oils and it did just that, left a chemical taste and an oil slick at the top of my mixture, did anyone else experience this ?

Thanks,
Randee.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Hi,
The Capella Flavor Drops are not like the Lorann, these dissolve much better and provide a much better flavor. I even think a company called JuicyLiquid.com uses capella as their flavoring.

I tried the Lorann oils and it did just that, left a chemical taste and an oil slick at the top of my mixture, did anyone else experience this ?

Thanks,
Randee.

I believe there are two types of Lorann flavorings: one being water-soluble, the other not. Perhaps you picked up the oil based one which isn't?

virraszto

Apr 22, 2009
SE Michigan
That's it ......WAXY! I've been trying to mix a menthol with 50% menthol from MVS, 50% VG and menthol crystals and all I can taste is this darn VG....I was describing it as almost soapy but maybe it's waxy! I'm getting PG from the pharmacy today so hopefully I can use it with the menthol crystals and it will kill the VG taste....ugh....

My tongue and the back of my throat felt like it was covered in a thin coat of wax after I tried mixing Lorann with PG that I bought from the drugstore.

I just ordered some food grade PG online. Haven't opened it yet, but I can tell from the liquid inside it's MUCH thinner than the thick PG I got at the drugstore. That might be the problem. When I get a chance I will mix something up and see what happens.

luvmyvapor

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Texas, USA
I haven't had much luck with LorAnn. The only one so far that I like is raspberry and only a small amount in some 555 plus some 50-50 pg/vg I have mixed up. Apple is not bad but the others don't work for me.

I ordered from Capella and so far I like the caramel and rum raisin. Hated the chocolate and the butterscotch. Also be aware, this stuff flavors the cart and atomizer so if you don't like it you will be washing your stuff out.

One thing I really want to find bad is COCOA EXTRACT. Every tobacco-like flavor I like has this as one of the ingredients. It really adds a lot of body to the flavor and does not taste like chocolate.

Please let me know if you have found some and where I can get it.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
So far I have used the Lorann's brandy and I like it. I ended up using more flavoring than I expected. I'm not sure of the exact measure now, but I think used a fifth of a dram bottle for 4 ml of vegetable glycol

I was real tempted to order that one, but having no idea what brandy it was I didn't. May have to reconsider.

So far for me, well over 75% of the flavors I have tried have been a bust in terms of what they were supposed to taste like :-(.

Thus me ordering unflavored and some of the Lorann's flavors to see if I can get something that is more than just a hope :-/.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
My tongue and the back of my throat felt like it was covered in a thin coat of wax after I tried mixing Lorann with PG that I bought from the drugstore.

I just ordered some food grade PG online. Haven't opened it yet, but I can tell from the liquid inside it's MUCH thinner than the thick PG I got at the drugstore. That might be the problem. When I get a chance I will mix something up and see what happens.

The PG I ordered from the pharmacy wasn't thick at all. The VG however that I got at the health food store is really thick...

virraszto

Apr 22, 2009
SE Michigan
The PG I ordered from the pharmacy wasn't thick at all. The VG however that I got at the health food store is really thick...

I did try the new PG I bought online from Electronic Ash, and it's way better than the stuff I bought at the drug store. I mixed it already with some grape juice, and I haven't had that waxy feeling at all. It's a lot thinner than the drugstore PG, which I like. Electronic Ash's says Propylene Glycol 100% USP (Food Grade) The stuff I bought at the drugstore says Glycerin 99.5 % Anhydrous USP.

Much better with the stuff I got from Electronic Ash.:D

virraszto

Apr 22, 2009
SE Michigan
Just so you know. the stuff you got from the drugstore is VG, vegetable glycerine. Your online purchase is PG, propylene glycol. Two different substances. :)

Well then, now I know VG tastes like crap and I'll never buy it again. I had heard about VG and PG, but didn't know the difference. Now I know. Thanks. :)

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Well then, now I know VG tastes like crap and I'll never buy it again. I had heard about VG and PG, but didn't know the difference. Now I know. Thanks. :)

Everyone says VG (the stuff you got at the drugstore) gives better vapor, although the stuff you picked up doesn't sound like it was food grade? It should say that it's safe to use as a sweetener on it. Mixing a small percentage will give you more vapor but like you found out, too much will give you a (IMHO) nasty taste. Some people like the "sweetness" but to me it tastes more like soap....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread