Flavors suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
My roommates dad is interested in ecigs after seeing me using mine. I offered to put him together a starter package and asked him what flavor he likes he said benson and hedges, and he also smokes marlboro ultra lights. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get benson and hedges flavor and what nic strength would be approximate to ultra lights? I started on 24 and worked down to 18 myself but I smoked reds. Ultra lights were like air to me lol. Any help would be great, I plan to get him a variety of flavors and strengths till he knows what he likes.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I plan to get him a variety of flavors and strengths till he knows what he likes.

Best idea ever!! Small 3mL samplers and let him try 'em all. It suprised me
the flavors I liked, menthol?? never smoked them. And didn't like, Cigar although
I loved a good cigar. Your taste buds recover and change in time, and predicting
a particular flavor someone will like is near impossible. Also a number of strengths
likely 24mg and less, again tough to predict.
A couple tabacco flavors, I think everybody starts trying at least one to taste just like
my <fill in the blank> but they never really have that dirty ashtray taste. :laugh:

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
from what I have tried:

a couple different menthols

basic tobacco (I like cuban or virginia, with virginia being much milder)

ry4 - sweet toffee/caramel/coffee (great after dinner)

fire & ice - this was a surprise but great........warm on the inhale and cool/mentholy on the exhale, a current favorite.

I always try to get basic flavors bc u can always mix a couple drops of one with a couple drops of another. eg I ordered Peach and Brandy separately; the peach was too sweet and the brandy was a little strong; combonation of the two.........wonderful Peach Brandy. But I had the option of trying more flavors than if I had just ordered the Peach Brandy premixed.

medman1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Tampa
I agree about tasting like an analog,they don't!!!!!!
ry4 is such a crap shot!I have tried several,the best so far (IMO)is NHaler RY4 and Are Why 4 Not(no prune,dates,or piney purfumey taste!The NH 555 is really good also,I suggest trying them 1st.As far as the fruit and sweet-non tobacco juices,I think they are just like desserts,not something that would be an all day vape..Try the above and the ORANGE LUNG(tastes just like a naval orange-amazing.The grape ape is really good too but it is for high voltage.Just get samples,you won't be disappointed.If you try the High Voltage,get a lr atty.It's night and day compared to standard atty.
Velvet Vapor has very nice Vanilla Caramel Tobacco also,really thick feeling,sweet but yummy.
Good Luck
Tim

TrippH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Little rock
Vapor station Tampa is the closest thing I've found to tasting like an analog. I've tried a LOT of different juices trying to replicate that flavor. Nothing replicates it perfectly but Tampa gets really close. Before that the 555 was my go to for a strong craving. Backwoods brew in particular. Coffee is a good one too. I helped a friend convert and coffee did it for him.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I wanted my e-cig to taste just like my analogs...not going to happen. I'm much happier trying different flavors. :)

I wanted the same thing when I first started looking into this. Chocolate cigarette? Seriously? I couldn't think of anything more disgusting. Now it kind of intrigues me. I've been vaping menthol since last night, I've ordered a bunch of different flavors, and I just filled the cartridge on my temp setup with Fruit Punch. We'll see how that works out.

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
I agree on picking up some 3ml samples to start with....get a variety of tobacco flavors from GoodProphets.com inexpensively as well some none tobacco flavors.

Another good site to find affordable small sized 5ml sample flavors is Vaporbomb.com Again it will be hard to find one that matches the taste of an analog cig however, once you have been vaping a while and should go back and smoke an analog it will not taste quite as good as it use to!

Many vendors on this site can be found in E-liquid review section on forum with reviews from many members that have tried a lot of different tobacco flavors from numerous vendors. Viking Vapor is yet another online vendor worth a look. As many as 100 different flavors to be had for a little as $2.99 for a 7.5ml sample bottle! Many of these E-Juice vendors allow you to choose strengths of up to 36mg of nicotine as well choose your own VG/PG ratio depending on whether you want more TH and/or vapor production...etc.

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
Freedomsmokeusa has an awesome tobacco flavor called Pure Cig. Another tobacco favorite is Wyatt Earp. They have 3ml samplers and when you order they throw in freebies. Also, their RY4 & RY5 are the best I have found anywhere. They are favorites for those that like tobacco flavors with a little sweetness. You can also find them in the suppliers section of the ecf and they have a lot of reviews and information.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
FreedomSmokeUSA has some nice tobaccos and a wide variety of them. And cheap 24mg samples though you can't choose a specific PG/VG mix with the sample sizes. In their normal sizes (the lowest size of which is $4) they offer even more flavors as well as custom base options. You might want to start with something like 70PG/30VG or 80PG/20VG. VG is more TH but can sweeten flavor and soften the TH. But 100% PG can be harsh so it's nice to have some VG.

And here is another thread asking for Marlboro Lights flavor which some member comments and a like to another similar thread. Maybe you'll find more suggestions there.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/5168-taste-like-marlboro-lights.html

And for Scott above who was grossed out by chocolate cigarette above - it's great. Not sweet chocolate - more like a cocoa. Cocoa is an ingredient in many many brands of cigarettes including Marlboro, Pall Mall, Parliament, Capri and others. I like Backwoods Brew Casablanca ejuice (Turkish tobacco with cocoa). And sometimes I like to add a bit of cocoa or dark chocolate ejuice to my cart to mellow a tobacco ejuice. I've seen a couple of people on here mix a couple of tobacco juices and a bit of dark chocolate tasting juice to make their favorite vape.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I've seen a couple of people on here mix a couple of tobacco juices and a bit of dark chocolate tasting juice to make their favorite vape.

I'm really enjoying this thread-loads of good advice in it, with the main thing being experiment, experiment, experiment. lol. The only thing I might add is don't forget to experiment with heat of the vapor as that also effects flavor. And drink lots and lots and lots of liquids lol. If anything would ever drive you to drinking, vapin' should do it! Later, JD :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread