Flavors that complement β-caryophyllene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I've been a fan of the terpene
β-caryophyllene for some time taken orally. Recently I've found a product that came with good recommendations as safe to vape.

The taste is pretty unique - I'd call it akin to a chocolate necco wafer. It's very peppery, and in fact is a constituent terpene in black pepper.

Has anyone ever mixed this with a flavor that compliments it?

thanks! AD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Have you tried other terpenes? Also, B-caryophylene only tastes peppery to me when the temp is too high...

Here is a "recipe" that is B-caryophylene forward.... Orange blossom special, almost a creamcicle flavor

IMG_20210101_050942.jpg

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
No, earthiness is not an inherent quality of all terpenes. Iirc, myrcene and humulene are the earthy terpenes. As for temperature, sorry, but I've yet to play around with mixing my own e-liquid with terpenes as flavor, so I can't be much help as to what setting to use, as my equipment is significantly different for that stuff. I will be following closely to see how you get on, and am curious where you sourced your terps.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
So far, Peak Supply has been my terp source. I'll try a different source and get a sample pack to work with, was eyeing the green apple here since they claim more fruitiness and less floral, herbal and other notes:

Buy Green Apple Terpenes | Terpene Flavors | TrueTerpenes.com

Great tip on myrcene and humulene. Will report experimental results :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread