Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I've been DIY'n for a couple of weeks now. I can hardly taste a thing!

The only hint I've detected is from apple. Tonight I made a little bottle of Lorann red licorice. I used almost half a dram! 40% PG 30% TW non-flavored 36mg the rest the half a dram red licorice. NOTHING!! $%&(**%&^$*

I've tried JC Original, Tenn Cured, the pre-filled carts of R4, cigar flavor, nothing has any taste to me. :mad:

At a local Vap'n meeting another guy let me try his menthal juice, yea that came through, but I don't like menthal.

The only thing I can say is that the apple and the Red Licorice seem cooler to me, but that is not a taste.

Any body got any ideas? Food I can taste, so its not like my mouth is dead, I think.....

Food I can taste, so its not like my mouth is dead, I think.....

It might be. Try vaping plain VG or PG and see if you see a difference.

Hope that helps...

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

The only hint I've detected is from apple. Tonight I made a little bottle of Lorann red licorice. I used almost half a dram! 40% PG 30% TW non-flavored 36mg the rest the half a dram red licorice. NOTHING!! $%&(**%&^$*

I've tried JC Original, Tenn Cured, the pre-filled carts of R4, cigar flavor, nothing has any taste to me. :mad:

At a local Vap'n meeting another guy let me try his menthal juice, yea that came through, but I don't like menthal.

The only thing I can say is that the apple and the Red Licorice seem cooler to me, but that is not a taste.

Any body got any ideas? Food I can taste, so its not like my mouth is dead, I think.....

Sheer--there is one flavor that nobody doubts will blow you out of the water if you use more then an 80/20 mix and that is Lorann English Toffee---there are others such as Cheescake by Lorann also--but if you use English Toffee, you will get flavor like nobodys business.

Sun

pavon3o5

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States/Miami, FL
I seem to have the same problem as she does
I have been mixing 60mg Vg
(VG because PG seemed to be the culprit of my recent skin breakouts!)

18% Vg nic
65% VG
2% Distilled water
15% flavor

and I barely taste anything!???

I have tried :

peach
apple
coconut
bubblegum
cotton candy
mango

and don't taste anything!

Last edited:

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
Rumor has it that the model of ecig may play a role in quashing flavor. I have a similar problems. Some flavors come through quite well (absinthe, brandy, rum, maple, cheesecake) others are invisible (apple, peach, strawberry, chocolate, mint). I'm using a 510. I am guessing that others here with a 510 have the same issue. I've tried a 50% mix of apple and straight pg, was basically unflavored though the liquid smells quite appley tart. Vapor is extremely satisfactory, just no fruit flavors for me. Brandy is strong, but i dont drink so im not a fan.

Next time I have monies I will shop around on youtube to see what the reviewers who rave about fantastic flavor are using.

Are you guys using the 510 as well, or is this a red herring?

pavon3o5

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States/Miami, FL
I am using a 510 also
I tried mixing with 40% flavor and the mix was too liquidy ugh im FRUSTRATED!!!
I have been looking all over the place to mix just straight VG 60 mg
(tried a mix of VG/PG 50/50 and broke out again so I know im allergic to PG)
I would just buy the premixed but I spent almost $100 on diy stuff so I gotta figure this out!

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
The only Lorann flavour I could hack was caramel.

Fruit flavours tasted like watered down cordial and the rest were like raw cake mix,

You may want to look at Juicyliquid produced by Jaaxx not a clue if it is any stronger as I have not tried it but it seems to be popular.

Walrus also was producing vg based liquid that had a good rep not seen him about lately but this place is a bit busy nowadays for me to keep up .

Yes the hotter your attie gets the less flavour, try the 801 classic penstyle if flavour is your No 1 priority.

Search out a member called Yvilla she has a lot more knowledge about the 801 than I have.

baby driver

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sunny CA
www.myspace.com
I have better results with flavourart flavors. With Lorann's the coffee and the pralines and cream are very strong and good. VG tends to absorb some flavor so make small batches or add more flavor the next day. I often use a strong nic tobacco flavored base then add VG and flavoring.

Watch out for the flavourart roasted chicken flavor. It tastes delicious, but you will smell like KFC all day long...

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I've been off analogs for almost 45 days, and I still like my flavors to be extremely strong.

My favorite flavors so far - the ones I like AND give me enough taste - are LorAnn Keoke Coffee, LorAnn Peanut Butter, Capella Coffee Bean, Capella Toasted Almond, and FlavourArt Espresso. I love Capella Vanilla Custard, but I when I use it the mix has to be 60% Vanilla Custard, so I wouldn't call it strong.

It seems to me that it is easy to add too much LorAnn and have the flavor go bad. It's weird, but at one point the flavor isn't strong enough, but add a couple drops and it goes bitter. This doesn't seem to be the case with Capella - you can keep adding more and more Capella to get a stronger flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread