The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Flavourart Clearstream lab tested flavors for ejuice

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Tekn0ph1sh, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tekn0ph1sh

Tekn0ph1sh Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    Florida
    So I didn't see this anywhere and compiled the list of flavors that flavourart has tested for cellular toxicity through their Clearstream program. The top half of the list are lab tested for Personal Vaporizer use and you can reference FAs site.

The he bottom half of the list are the flavors used in their Heaven line of ejuice which I would assume will be tested soon and removed from their lineup if they don't meet their standards. But you know what they say when you assume....

Lab Tested for cellular Cytotoxicity

Flavourart

Tuscan
    Black Fire
    Reggae Night
    Layton
    Ozone
    Kiwi
    Green Tea
    Almond
    Cinnamon
    Cigar Passion
    Perique
    Maxx blend
    7 leaves foglie
    Hypnotic mist
    Strawberry
    Virginia
    Hazelnut
    Shade
    Classic Vanilla
    Burley
    Apple
    Licorice
    Chocolate
    RY4
    Caffe slightly toxic in higher concentrations.

Heavens Vape Flavourarts line of juice assumed safer and will probably be tested
    Black cherry
    Cowboy blend
    Tiramisu
    Cam-blend
    Coconut
    Tutti frutti
    Espresso
    Dusk
    Dark
    Royal
    Jamaica rum
    Latakia
    Arctic Winter
    Caramel

2. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Thanks for that list! Here's some more info regarding FA's testing projects and their flavorings.

FlavourArt's ClearStream program tests their e-liquids (pg/vg with their e-cig flavorings at several predetermined percentages). The actual vapor is tested on living cells, and toxicity is recorded. Comparisons are made to tobacco smoke, and the resulting data is made available to the public.

Their ClearStream AIR project looked at vapor remaining in a room after vaping - "passive" vapor that non-vapers would be exposed to in various situations: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CSA_ItaEng.pdf

FA has tested ALL of their flavorings for diacetyl and related diketones, years ago. Flavoring with none of these, about 140 flavors, are in their e-cig section, which is here: Sigaretta Elettronica - Sigaretta Elettronica - FlavourArt - La sartoria degli aromi

FA's Kitchen Magic section includes all flavoring FA produces. I won't bother with that link, just to avoid confusion. But when you're in the Kitchen Magic section of their website, all flavors containing diacetyl and/or related diketones have a warning in the description: "This flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping."

FlavourArt resellers (at least in the US) often include flavors from both FA lines without the warnings that FA has on their website. To avoid diacetyl and the related diketones, you must check whether that flavoring is listed in the e-cig section of FA's website. Before you buy, just check here: Sigaretta Elettronica - Sigaretta Elettronica - FlavourArt - La sartoria degli aromi

Dr. Farsalinos has not yet released which vendors' e-liquids he has been testing for the latest ClearStream round, but we will soon have ingredient data regarding non-FA products. It will be interesting to compare. He has said his findings will shake the e-cig community, or words to that effect.

3. Tekn0ph1sh

Tekn0ph1sh Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    Florida
    Anyone know what ozone and hypnotic mist tastes like?
    And the reggae one. I have my assumptions of what it tastes like but ...

4. Dogeggs

Dogeggs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    Southampton UK
    Hypnotic mist tastes of lemon and lime to me, whatever it is, it is citrusy.

5. Snipe

Snipe Senior Member

May 29, 2014
    All up in the cut
    Just so I'm clera - are we saying that FA's butterscotch is ok to vape? No Acetoin or Acetyl Propinol? This continues to confuse me as it's a little tough to believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.