Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
FlavourArt of Italy are testing their flavors for cytotoxicity, comparing, in vitro, the toxicity on lung cells.

They have also removed all diketones such as diacetyl from their vape Heaven line. This means that many 'buttery' types of flavors will not be available in the vapable line until safe substitutes are found - which could be a long time. Their position seems to be that there are currently no safe versions of this type of flavor.

ClearStream Protocol - FlavourArt - The Flavors tailors

Last edited:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
FlavourArt of Italy are testing their flavors for cytotoxicicity, comparing, in vitro, the toxicity on lung cells.

They have also removed all diketones such as diacetyl from their vape Heaven line. This means that many 'buttery' types of flavors will not be available in the vapable line until safe substitutes are found - which could be a long time. Their position seems to be that there are currently no safe versions of this type of flavor.

ClearStream Protocol - FlavourArt - The Flavors tailors

That is a fantastic step in a good direction. Thanks for the info Roly.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Outstanding! This is very good news indeed! There are several custard/butter notes besides diacetyl, such as acetoin and acetyl propionate. All US companies that I know of have removed diacetyl, but many are still using the others. Capella Vanilla Custard is one. Linda at TPA is also being proactive on this and stating which flavors have these. I look forward to FA's results. The type of illness caused by these is horrific...essentially irreversible death of lung tissue, little by little. So far no one has experienced emergency problems in the vaping world, but I suspect this is a cumulative progression, and we haven't been vaping all that long yet. Three cheers for FA! :thumbs:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
As Kurt posted, Linda @ TPA is busy behind the scenes also. I have developed some unpleasant reactions to various flavorings. It has cut out all dairy, butter, bakery flavorings, some not all vanillas. Butter gave me the most violent reactions. I am heading symptoms and chucking flavors that cause them.

If it produces a "tickle", cough, post nasal drip, or asthma (butter) I'm not vaping it.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I haven't posted in a long , long , long time(thank God I gave up all this vaping nonsense some time ago). But, while perusing the web, I occasionally drop by every once in a while and I couldn't help myself when I saw this post.
This is the EXACT same BS "study" that Flavourart tried to pull off a year ago(approximately). A cheapo, in-vitro analysis that is uttelry meaningless to anyone who knows anything about how pharmacological/toxicological study processes are supposed to proceed(and they get some willing schmuck with an MD behind his name to "consult" - I'd like to see his CV when it comes to actual, peer-reviewable toxicological protocol, methodology and analysis. Of course they also mention he's an ardent vaper - which should completely disqualify him from any consultation as it immediately adds a bias to the whole affair) Again, (as I repeated ad nauseum a year ago) until REAL , well established, in-vivo, animal model testing is done to truly examine the pulmonary effects of vaping/flavorings etc...; nothing will be answered.

The real smack in the face is the, a year too late, admission about the diacetyl(diketone) pulmonary toxicity reality. I guess Flavourart thinks a year is long enough for most to forget the huge diacetyl warnings announced by concerned vapers like me and a few other brave souls that many years ago(for which we took massive harassment by the majority of the vaping community - it's nice to know we've been somewhat vindicated, albeit a bit too late - and how many lungs have been adversly affected during that time lag). Ironically, Flavourart & some of their supplier customers were at the forefront of that harassment - now they pretend to be on the leading edge of vaping safety.

It's nice to know that some things don't change. It still appears to be the same old dog and pony show among the vaping community.

Fortunately, this is ALL almost over(at least in the USA). It will only be a short time now until the FDA starts to truly enforce the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act(that, for god knows what reason, vapers actually wanted and were thrilled when it trumped the FDA's efforts to attempt to have some actual REAL safety testing done in this genre). When FDA starts enforcing the provisions of this Act, NJOY will be the only entity remaining in this industry. Boy, Matt Salmon really pulled the wool over everyone's eyes on that play(and, I'd venture to guess, using the cash donated by suppliers to his ECA to boot). I guess a politician never changes his stripes.

Anyway, take care and enjoy vaping - and please, for your own safety; have a complete physical done at least once a year by your family physician.

Agree with the first part. The other day a few people received liquid that was too high in strength; all hell broke lose. But mention that flavors are made for digestion and it's cold shoulder. Many who might otherwsie take it seriusly have vested interests, or plan to. Yes, virtually no progress in two years. I'm for self-regulation; but where is it? The FA move is though a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread