Flood insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

decatur

Sep 9, 2009
This is a simple mod I call "the condom" ;) I love the frayed mod, but I was having a good bit of leakage into my mouth as well as flooding the atty. I found that I needed to underfill the cart to keep this from happening or if I filled too much I had to tilt the cig to the sky to keep the liquid from dripping out into the atty. I have found that the reason for leakage is simply because despite the frayed mod's superior wicking abilities, it just doesn't hug the sides of the cart very well. Therefore when the PTB is fully saturated, any excess liquid runs along the sides of the cart and ends up in the atty or in your mouth. So my solution is to "line" the inside of the cart with a single layer/roll of PTB. This roll of PTB likes to hug the cart and by means of some kind of capillary action it channels excess liquid and potential drips back into the center roll of PTB. With this in place I can fill to the point of pooling and so far have experienced no leakage or flooding. Construction is simple. Measure a length of PTB by using the outside of the cart as a guide. Just wrap a length of PTB approximately as deep as the cart around the outside of the cart's circumference. When done cutting you should have a rectangle of PTB that will comfortably line the inside of the cart. To retrofit an existing frayed mod just pull it out, slide on the condom and reinsert! (Ok, no more innuendo.) But seriously it seems to work. This may benefit other mods, but I haven't tried others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread