Flooded Clearomizer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an iClear 16 / Vision Spinner 1300 starter kit which I've been using for the past couple of days. One thing I've been noticing right from the start is that if I take a long hit (> about 3 seconds) I get a sort of gurgling/bubbling sound and it also starts to burn my lip. This sound also happens if I just press down the button without inhaling. Either way, the noise is worse at higher voltages. Other than that it tastes OK to me and I seem to be getting a decent amount of vaper from it. I've tried removing the drip tip, cleaning the insides with some kitchen roll and blowing through any excess fluid. I've also tried changing the coil head to see if that made ay difference, which it didn't. From what I'm saying I'm wondering if the clearomizer is actually flooded (or some other problem) or if this is just normal? I got two iClear 16s with the kit and I'm having the exact same problem with both of them.I don't think I've overfilled them by the way, I've been filling up to about the 1.4ml mark (0.2ml below max). The only other thing I've done that could possibly have caused it that I'm aware of is taken a few hits at voltages up to 4.8V. The coil heads I have contain 2.0Ω resistors so from what I understand that was a bit too much. But I did realise pretty quickly and reduced the voltage.

Last edited:

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Yes that gurgling/hissing/spitting/boiling noise is normal. It is the eliquid being vaporized on the coil (by the way the coil is the resistance - there are no additional resistors in there) If you are pulling liquid up onto your lip then you may be drawing too hard. You do not need to draw hard to get it to burn, remember the battery is doing the work to heat up the coil. You just want to take gentle long draw after you start pressing the fire button on your battery - start with a 3-5 second draw and just figure out what works best for you to get the amount of vapor that you want

The iClears are top dual coil atomizers so they do vaporize at a warmer temp - if you still have issues you may want to try a single bottom coil like the Protank Mini 2

Hope this helps

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
It isn't flooded. That noise is the coil vapourising fluid. It sounds like you have the voltage up too high and it is spitting liquid droplets onto your lips. A lower voltage, a longer drip-tip or a bottom-coil would probably fix it.

Kanger recommend 3.4V for 2 ohm coils: Kanger MT3S heating coil – KangerTech

TaylorPlayer

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I did find vaping at a higher volt above 4 will burn my wicks very fast. I tend to keep my Itaste VV at 3.7 which was recommended when I purchased it. As for leaking, I only notice mine leak when the tip is not properly connecting with the little plastic top. That happens after several uses of a Clearo Tank for me. I do notice that the Iclear 16 tanks can get a bit off-set on the metal rings sometimes. I try to always line them up prior to filling and I don't have that problem. If it gets too bad I figure it is time to swap out to a new clearo.

Thanks for all the info, yeah I tried not drawing so hard on it and although I'm still getting some noise that stopped the burning lip thing also gave me a much stronger vape which allowed me to reduce the voltage. I had read advice previously about taking light smooth draws but I think where the cigalites are so weak I must have subconsciously reverted whilst I was still using those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread