Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Using the madvapes 5 ml syringe mod, and the pre-punched 2.0 ohm cartos sold with it. Following the instructions posted on their site, filled the tank then primed the carto, used for 9 days (that's right, 9 days!!) and flavor dropped dramatically. Changed to a new carto, followed the same procedures for filling/priming, and after 2 days I'm getting gurgles, mouthfuls of juice, and leaking at the battery connection.

Is there something I'm doing that's making it flood? The way I draw, perhaps overheating it with chain vaping, maybe it's the juice (80/20 pg/vg, clear) or could this particular one be bad? It's only the second one I've ever used and the first one was so great!

Thanks for any input.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've not used a tank from madvapes so I don't know the construction but I figure all tanks operate using the same basic principle.. equalization of air pressure. My carto will flood if there is an air leak somewhere. If it's leaking out the end of the batt connection your carto is flooding and there are only a couple things that could make it flood.. an air leak or the carto itself. Since you've already been using your carto successfully for a couple days I don't think it would be the inner tube puntured. so look for an air leak somewhere, it's not easy to spot, you may have to assemble it and disassemble it several times.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Like I said, I don't have a madvapes tank so I don't know what the parts look like.. but I've heard that dual coil cartos don't do well in tanks, I haven't tried any so I don't know that either.. I'm just starting out myself so I can only advise as to what my experience is and the problems I've had and was able to fix. LOL.. I don't think I'm even qualified to answer this post! The floods I've had using the chibi tank were fixed by working with them until they worked, which meant making sure the top and bottom grommets were sealed.

One thing you can do is when you fill the tank and set it aside to see if the carto is going to flood or not.. set it in a small, shallow cup to catch the escaping juice.. that way you aren't wasting so much juice. tank in cup.jpg

Look at it sitting in there so innocent looking.. you'd never know it dumped a good 5ml of my good juice yesterday! (It's working now)

Last edited:

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
To be fair, the tank itself is not leaking. The cartomizer is flooding. The air hole punched in it is miniscule. The end is under a flange, and the top is flush with the top of the tank, with a driptip in the end of the carto. I don't think it's supposed to be airtight?

The juice comes up the driptip and out the battery end. That means it's flooding, right?

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
The tank itself is supposed to be airtight. When I fill my tank with a syringe, I slide the needle down beside the grommet and tilt it a little so that when I slowly fill it with juice, the displaced air can escape. One of my flooding situations was caused by filling too fast and not allowing the air to escape the tank when the juice was going in. When I slid a needle down the side, the excess air came out and the pressure was equalized and the flooding stopped (once I blew the carto out)

if the air is not allowed to escape, it creates pressure inside the tank that forces the juice through the hole in the carto and out the bottom of the batt connector. ideally, when all it working as it should, as you vape, you will occasionally notice air bubbles popping out of the hole in the carto.

Where's tersur when I need him!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread