• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Panhandle check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
Unfortunately, Saturday night I had forgotten that we were hosting a Christmas cookie swap on Sunday. So yesterday ended up being spent preparing for and entertaining about 15-20 house guests. Unfortunately, I never really got the opportunity to make the phone calls I'd promised. The plus side: there are now at least 10 dozen various homemade cookies sitting on my kitchen counter...:banana:

...Los Rancheros. Mexican cuisine and a tavern on the side. Relaxed atmosphere.

The Los Rancheros place which is (vape friendly) sounds pretty good and has been mentioned a couple times now and like Iamfoltzy mentioned before it is right by the bowling alley which might be fun also? Just a thought...

I'm fully aware that I'm the "n00biest-n00b-around", around here. So take my comments below for what they're worth: about a grain of salt. Bottom line: I'm game for whatever the majority want to do... In the interest of moving toward consensus and getting this ball rolling, I'm absolutely fine with the Los Rancheros option if everyone else is.

If however, people are still looking for a different option...

...just sent an e-mail (rather than trying to explain on the phone) to McGuires Irish Pub...

This was one of the places I was hoping to contact yesterday - seems like it might be a good spot. Though I've never been, almost everyone in this neck of the woods has, and I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of good times had by all. Anxiously awaiting news of their response to you.

As I've probably already mentioned, this is My time of year. Summer on that patio would be a sweat fest, LOL...

Well, we could always postpone The Red Bar til late March or early April. That way, we'd all have a little more time to free up schedules to be there, and it wouldn't be quite so hot (or cool). My biggest reservation about trying to use this spot in the winter isn't so much the temperature however. It's that at this time of year (Jan-Feb), I'm thinking there wouldn't be anybody out on that deck besides us. My bet is the outdoor bar (that you can get a glimpse of on the left edge of the picture in post #55) is probably closed, and the wait staff won't be too attentive. Doesn't sound like a very fun time out on the deck even if the place is hopping inside.

Late March or early April is spring break season, and it's starting to warm up. By then, I would think the outdoor deck might be a little more populated, fun and entertaining. Additionally, nearby Grayton Beach State Park may be a little more explorable in the spring. In fact, if we ever end up doing a meet at The Red Bar and it's warm enough, I may just end up making a full day of it: canoe/hike Grayton early, and then head on over to The Red Bar later.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Alright folks, the holidays are over ... I hope everyone enjoyed them! :)

Nothing posted here since Christmas Eve, from whatupsen ... hey, it's too late for me to update the roster and map tonight. But, I'll get Tallahassee on the map asap.

So, this post is mainly to bump the thread up, post holidays.

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
Fort Walton Beach (Hurlburt Area) Right Here. Super Suprised by how many people live so close. Thought I was the only person around who vaped. (Considering the looks I get when using my flashlight looking e cig in public---:nun::nun:

Well hello ffg in FWB. That makes at least three of us right here locally. And though I just got my first PV a week ago (love it and haven't smoked since), I've already recruited a couple of guys from work. So hopefully we'll have our own little pocket of Emerald Coast vapers before too long!

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Welcome flipflopgirl, our numbers are on the rise!! Now we just got to get something going/setup/planned for our first meet up. Never did hear back from Fudpuckers but if it is anything like Mcguires it is not likely. We'll get something figured out.
And though I just got my first PV a week ago (love it and haven't smoked since), I've already recruited a couple of guys from work. So hopefully we'll have our own little pocket of Emerald Coast vapers before too long!
Hey Tate, so what did you end up getting? Glad your doing good and no SMOKES!!! Congrats! I just got some new flavors in and some of the new FLUXomizer/Clearomizers from GotVapes!! I really like em so far. Also got another order with some flavors/equipment should be here next week:headbang:
Anyway take care all, and hope to meet some of you soon. :) :vapor:

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
Hey Tate, so what did you end up getting? Glad your doing good and no SMOKES!!! Congrats! I just got some new flavors in and some of the new FLUXomizer/Clearomizers from GotVapes!! I really like em so far. Also got another order with some flavors/equipment should be here next week:headbang:
Anyway take care all, and hope to meet some of you soon. :) :vapor:

Ended up with an eGo with 2X 900mAh bats and a 1000 mAh PT. Loving it. The only problem is I'm getting fairly tired of constantly filling carts. Ready to try some cartos - any suggestions? I see you're using Fluxomizers/clearomizers - any problems filling them? Any other carto recommendations for a newbie? Also ready to get some drip tips. I've seen that a lot of folks like the shorties from SuperT. They look nice, especially the wide mouths. But I've also seen that some people prefer a clear drip tip so that they can see where the juice is. Any thoughts on that or drip-tips in general?

Got several sample juices from freedomsmokeusa and so far really liking their 555 and wyatt earp. I'm about ready to get some DIY supplies and start experimenting...

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Ready to try some cartos - any suggestions? I see you're using Fluxomizers/clearomizers - any problems filling them? Any other carto recommendations for a newbie? Also ready to get some drip tips. I've seen that a lot of folks like the shorties from SuperT. They look nice, especially the wide mouths. But I've also seen that some people prefer a clear drip tip so that they can see where the juice is. Any thoughts on that or drip-tips in general?

The FLUXomizers/Clearomizers from GotVapes are pretty descent and a nice price. Not to hard to fill, just need a blunt tip syringe or they include a pipette and a syringe tip that you can use also. Worked ok for me. I have heard good things also about Boge Cartomizers. The place I go for drip tips and adapters is Good Prophets. All drip tips and adapters are only .99 cents. Cant beat that at all, both metal and delrin.
Here's a link for GP- DIY & Drip Tips
Here's a link to GotVapes- GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
I just got some 306 LR's attys (Fit a 510 connection) with some translucent drip tips from Cigtechs that are pretty nice and decent price also. Here is a link- Cigtechs Quality you can vape! . Those are nice attys and I have had no flooding with them either. Hope that helps. Maybe catch ya this week at Hurby....

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Sorry all for getting off topic, my fault :facepalm: . So when and where are we going to get together. There are quite afew of us now, lets get something setup. I still haven't found anything in Destin, just wondering if Panama City would be the best bet since we have the list of e-cig approved establishments. Your thoughts?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
PC works for me since it's the shortest drive. I don't want to appear to push it too much for fear of looking selfish, ya know?

For what it's worth, I live in Panama City (17 miles from PCBch). I don't get out to PCBch too often, but I guess it would be cool to play tourist for a day. There are options in Panama City proper too.

OH, FWIW, my endorsement of PC doesn't lock it in, of course. Let's hear other's opinions, LOL.
-------------------------------------
How about we decide what sort of gathering we'd like? That would help narrow down the location, I think.
Daytime/Evening, Lunch, dinner, tavern/pub, outdoors/indoors, Park, other? Or a combination?

Gottabefree

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
PCBeach, FL
Bump....anyone out there, lets get some input on venue. Afternoon, evening, setting etc. Need to get something lined up folks so we can get this first meet under our belt and move on from there. Suggestions.....

I'm in PCB - if I may suggest - maybe Spinnakers, or a smaller place called Barefoot Beach Club (close to Sharky's) that has a deck on the back (everybody likes the beach, don't they?) - and the weather's GOT to be getting warmer soon...:2cool:??? Just my two cents.... (but then again - I live here, so it would be close for me :p). And BTW - we now have a vape store on Thomas Drive (sells NJoy and 510, EGo, etc...)

Ok I'm going to put in my two cents. Considering the weather and the fact that we will have Spring Brake soon, I'm not looking forward of being caught in that mess in PCB or any area like that. May I reccomend to have this get together away from such areas, and maybe pick an open area like a park, have a picnic style get together, whenever the weather allows.

We can bring our own food, or pick it up nearby. This way we wont have to worry about our drug delivery devices being a disturbance to anyone, and having to explain ourselfs. This way we can also spend some time together without sitting inside of an establishment for hours, and enjoy the outdoors.

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread