Flying with e-cigs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romowens01

Jan 30, 2013
United States
I've only had an ecig for a month now and I'm traveling in a few weeks. I have some questions about flying.

1. What's the best way to pack batteries and ejuice for airport security?
  2. I read somewhere that clearomizers (vivi novas) don't take well to something (high altitudes) and will leak. Is that true?
  3. Will the ego cartridges leak?
  4. I know there is no vaping on the plane, but is the airport fine? Or should I keep it to the restroom stalls?
  5. Any other useful tips?

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
liquid in a cart should be ok. liquid in a sealed tank could be a problem. its different air pressures in the tank and the cart that causes flooding. when your ears pop your tank probably just flooded. as far as vaping in an airport each is probably different depending on the local or state laws. i'd hate to pay a smoking fine for vaping.

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
^^ don't do this, I took a flight over christmas and with me i had 2 provari's, an ego, an ihybrid, 8 vivi nova's, some juice and batteries. I put the vivi novas in an APPROVED zip lock bag with the juice (no single bottle can be bigger than 100ml). Take all batteries out of mods and keep them in a seperate container than everything else. Carry all of your e cig stuff on with you do not check it, you can always explain for it/ watch it if you carry it on. I had an ego case and after security I put the vivi novas in the case, put it in my backpack and made sure they were in such a way where the drip tips were pointing up. I had no leaks or any problems not even a slight hang up at security. Other than making sure you have the right sip lock bag and don't vape on the plane if you really need to I would just stealth vape in the airport but even that can alarm people, but you should be fine .

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I take a couple of njoy kings disposables on the flight with me and have a couple of puffs in the bathroom.

Very bad idea. Most airplane smoke detectors don't detect smoke; they detect particulate matter in the air. Vaping can set them off, and you don't want to be the guy that does that.

That said, I vaped all the way home from Austin this last weekend doing the same sort of things newplague mentioned. I don't recommend it with a strong-smelling juice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread