Flying with Ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditch_dawg

Jun 5, 2013
Illinois
Anyone have any issues flying with your gear? As in carry on? I am currently using just an Ego set up with a mini Vivi. I have a trip coming up in July and was curious about what I can carry on and what I should put in my checked bag.

I was planning on putting my daily set up in my laptop bag along with a 10ml bottle of juice and put my back ups in my checked bag.

Thank you!

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
just traveled through fort lauderdale intl airport. got stopped and checked because of my eroll. they made sure it wasnt a bomb and i was on my marry way. actually one of the TSA officers was asking me if i liked it she just bought a device and she loved it bla bla bla. ended up talking to this girl for 15min. my wife had to drag me away from security lol. anyway you should be fine. however, please don't stealth vape on the plane. bad things can happen if someone see's. pbusardo had a great video on this issue about stealth vaping on a plane hes 100% right about it.

have a good flight

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
I just flew out of little rock a few weeks ago. I use mechs and genesis so I got a small hard side case for my gear and put my juice bottles in a zip lock bag. I think you have to have all batteries in your carry on. They made me do the finger swab for explosive residue, found jalapeneo cheeto residue and sent me on my way

wingman399

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Olathe, KS
I traveled to Italy last week out of JFK. Had no issues in the airport. Asked one the staff to check and he told me that's what their for, right? I had to laugh at that one. I remained discreet about it, blowing vapor to the floor, and not making plumes of smoke either. I'll admit I stealth vaped on the plane in my seat because I was afraid of the smoke detectors being too sensitive and setting them off. I just held it in longer and breathed out quickly to get rid of vapor. Had no issues with it on the way or way back. I had my Protank filled, and had it in a ziplock bag as it did leak a little. Nothing bad but it did. That's about the worst that happened. Happy vaping.

Tenzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Inland Empire
First of all I would read up on current TSA rules.
This is what I did last time I flew and took my PV with me. I removed batteries, I put e liquid in a separate zip lock bag and carried a business card from a vape shop with my e-cig stuff prepared to show anyone from TSA if they asked.
RESULT: Nobody even blinked an eye. LOL
I guess being prepared worked.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I traveled to Italy last week out of JFK. Had no issues in the airport. Asked one the staff to check and he told me that's what their for, right? I had to laugh at that one. I remained discreet about it, blowing vapor to the floor, and not making plumes of smoke either. I'll admit I stealth vaped on the plane in my seat because I was afraid of the smoke detectors being too sensitive and setting them off. I just held it in longer and breathed out quickly to get rid of vapor. Had no issues with it on the way or way back. I had my Protank filled, and had it in a ziplock bag as it did leak a little. Nothing bad but it did. That's about the worst that happened. Happy vaping.

yes i forgot to mention the leaking,i was also using my protank and got a mouth full of juice whem we were cruising.
so just remember to unscrew your tank a little,to equalise the pressure untill you are up there.

I bring mine on the plane all the time. I fly regularly for work (at least 4-6 times a month) and bring extra batteries and tanks. No issues so far. I don't vape in the airport publicly, mostly in the bathroom in a stall and blowing in my shirt. I probably could do it publicly, I just don't want the attention.

The only thing I'd recommend is putting only a small amount in your tank. I've had filled tanks leak until empty and it makes a mess. I usually just leave about 0.5 ml in my tank so it has room to expand b/c of the air pressure changes.

br777

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
faber, va
i fly alot. this was my first time with vape gear though..i just flew usa to mexico. i put everything in my checked luggage.. it made it through fine. nothing leaked either.

in the U.S>

if you are going to carry any kind of liquid on your carry on, it has to be in clear plastic bag with all your other carry on liquids. They always make you take your liquids bag out of your carry on for security scans. if there is anything.. even a little liquid bottle still in your bag they will stop you and ask you what it is. It probably wouldnt be an issue if they did, but just something to know

also, if you are flying with anything larger than an ego, especially with something like a rebuildable, or something with a large carto tank on it, i would suspect they would be more suspicious.

the issue is that if you put it in your checked luggage, they may simply find it, not know what it is and confiscate it, or worse someone could steal it (has happened to me before with other "expensive" items.

but if you put it in your carry on, it may also look suspicious and get confiscated...

it always helps to put things like that in your luggage in a way that looks organized, clear, clean, and even labeled. security people look for bags that are jumbled and disorganized.

dont vape in a plane.. just dont. if you need a nic fix that bad get some gum.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
Anybody had hassles coming into Canada from the US with e-juice?

I'm heading back home for a few weeks in August, wondering if I should just order some juice to be delivered ahead of me...

ya dont tell them you have it lol. i went back home for a visit a few weeks ago. dont tell customs you have any tobacco products. if you happen to get searched they will sieze your stuff. so what they dont know they cant take. just roll the dice. i didnt say anything couldnt risk losing the only 2 bottles of nic juice i had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread