Flying with Ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Amsterdam has crazy security. When we went through last Jan., we had to go through a security checkpoint just to go from one terminal to another- even though they are in the same building. There was another checkpoint at the gate to the plane. Never seen that before. Make sure your liquids are in a ziplock bag and place them in a bin. Also, sort your electronics, cords, batteries in a ziplock bag and place them in another bin. Makes their work a lot easier and gets you through faster.

NatTheBrit

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
UK
www.vapetoriousuk.com
I have a quick question: I will be travelling from Chicago to London in a month or so.
I am moving back home, so have quite a few different DIY juices I want to take back with me. For my checked bag would glass bottles be better, or plastic ones? I will be putting each bottle in an individual bag, then cushion them between my clothes.
For my carry on i will have 2 Ego's, a protank, a couple of empty DCT Tanks and probably a 15ml (name branded) bottle of juice.

Lonely Raven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
Sorry, I only skimmed this thread, but just FYI - a friend of mine went on a trip recently and took a cherry ejuice bath. I guess the pressure change squeezed all his juice out of his tank and onto him while he slept. I forgot to ask what tank it was, but something to keep in mind. He says he pops out the drip tip on the way up and down now so it doesn't happen again.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
I flew to Grand Cayman last Jan. Most of my vaping equipment was in my check bag. On my carry on, I had two twist batts, and 2 clearos full of juice. I had them in a zip lock bag I had labeled electronic cigarettes. I also had a twist and clearo in my pocket that I just put in the tray with my shoes, wallet, etc. Not one question asked and I was going through customs.

Funny, my GF and Sis went with me. They were both stopped, body searched, bags searched, and some cosmetics confiscated because they did not have them in zip lock bags ...lol True story.... ;-)~

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
I traveled from New Zealand to the USA earlier this year, Then all around South America. I put all my vape gear in my carry on and liquids in a baggy. Not once was I stopped at any check point or asked about what I was carrying. I think customs every where now know about e cigs. Batteries in checked luggage is a No No check with the airline and they will tell you it is a hazard. All my electrical chargers etc were packed with my laptop.

A poster above pointed out that tanks leak at pressure, this is true I would advise only having a clearo filled with juice for use in airports. Another tip don't over fill your juice bottle they also can leak I double bag mine for travel just in case.

I guess I can't submit a pic from my iPhone... Let me just say this... I fly every week multiple legs Nd usually get upgraded to first class. So far, most flight attendants (especially the ones who recognize me) actually don't care of I take short drags and limit the vape exhale. Again, I can't stress enough that as long as we vapors don't act like everyone owes us something, we'd be better accepted. A classic example of this was a group of... Hipster vapers that I ran into in San Francisco... Wow... They were just downright annoying and entitled. It's all about our presentation. And perception is reality, right?

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
I don't think anyone sweat it more than me in the history of vaping. I got my first ecig kit on a Saturday and flew from philly to montreal, customs and everything. TSA.gov CLEARLY lists ecigs as ok to carry on, if you have a clero full of liquid and liquid put them in a baggie with other liquids as usual. I put my batteries and charger in my briefcase in the pen holder. I even printed the page from TSA.gov and had it in my briefcase just in case. I would puke if my first kit was confiscated after I spent a month of research to select it and only had it a few days! I was really worried about the Canada side...nicotine juice is ILLEGAL to import, but only for Canadian citizens or ecig dealers. Personal stash is A OK. On my way OUT of Canada I made a point AFTER getting through security to go back to the screeners and chat with them as it wasn't busy at all. I asked every question imaginable, answered every question imaginable and even commented that I believe I'd even be in the right if I were looking for trouble to vape my way through security. They wanted to see it and insisted I give a couple of puffs and let them see/smell the vapor. So there I was, in customs vaping away with the TSA! They did comment that they agreed blowing clouds of vapor attracting attention was likely a bad idea, but agreed, technically, that I'd be in the right to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread