The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

fog machine juice?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by SlideJob Jones, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SlideJob Jones

SlideJob Jones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Findlay, Ohio
    Stupid question...is fog machine juice just PG? Is it suitable to use for vaping?

2. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    yes it is .............as long as it's USP or USDA food grade it's good

3. SlideJob Jones

SlideJob Jones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'd expect that the labels on a fog juice container would not include "food grade". However, I would think it would have to be if sold to be used indoors to saturate the air.

4. Extremeodd

Extremeodd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Well I can say Ive been in a basement where we went a little batty with the fogmachine and it seems fairly safe, there was so much fog you couldnt see your hand unless it was around 2 inches from your face. Afterwards I had a bit of a headache but nothing other than that. But the stuff is green usually so I dont know.

5. HighTech

HighTech Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
    USA
    Just be careful and be sure to check the label. Some fog juices contain other chemicals besides just PG.

6. Wench

Wench Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Pensacola, Fl.
    I personally wouldn't suggest it. You don't know what other chemicals are in there. PG and VG are pretty cheap and easy to come by so I wouldn't even chance trying it.

7. desync0

desync0 Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Ya I wouldn't risk it, the stuff I've been around always has an odour to it, usually like black liqorice but who knows what it's from.

I'd trust the stuff from a feed store before fog machine juice.

8. mastervapor

mastervapor Full Member

We used to use a fog machine in a lot of our shows. All i know is after a few weeks amps and my drum hardware would get an oily kind of film on them. I use glyserin from CVS pharmacy, it's in the cosmetics isle usually on the bottom shelve. Around $6 a bottle. I'll cut 24mg about half and it works fine for me!

9. framitz

framitz Moved On

May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    VG is in the ethnic hair care section of many pharmacies. The employees usually have no clue where to find it or if they have it at all.

10. HighTech

HighTech Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
    USA

A lot of the Fog Juice I've seen contains additional chemicals to help keep the atomizer clean. Something you DON'T want to inhale...

11. MoonMan

MoonMan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    I think some fog juice uses what is basically baby oil - you don't want to inhale that.

Just buy some REAL PG and be done with it.

12. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida

Moon has it right on point ---------Sun

13. Crestus

Crestus Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2009
    Deltona, Florida
    Sorry for the late chime in here....I also would not recommend using Fog Machine juice for straight vaping or cutting e-liquid. I personally use Pharmaceutical (USP) Grade Glycerine to cut my juice 50/50. Makes my juice last twice as long, adds a hint of a sweet taste, and does not make my hair fallout (To clarify....no side-effects. I know my sense of humor is terrible, but I try). :evil:

14. darkmatter22

darkmatter22 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    in the MEDIUm
    i wouldn't do it
    water works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.