UK

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for posting.

An interesting spin on the word 'puritan': "I wonder if it is the fact that e-cigarette smokers derive a certain pleasure that the puritan zealots object to."

I wouldn't object to the use of the term, but I'm guessing Senators Durbin, Sherrod Brown, Blumenthal, Markey, Harkin, Merkley,
Boxer, Reed, Pryor and Schumer, would reject the tag.

On these 'types':

"We are under assault every day. We get up, we're minding our own business, and we find out that something else has made them unhappy; something else is making them miserable; something else is hurting their self-esteem. So they get up and they're in palpable fear that people enjoying themselves are destroying the planet. They get up and they're scared to death that people driving cars they enjoy and very much like are destroying the planet or the way people are eating is making them fat or whatever. They just and cannot abide people enjoying themselves. They're miserable, and they want everybody to join 'em in it.

"I don't know about you, but we get up every day, go about your life you enjoy, then you find out that what you're eating makes them mad or what you're driving makes them mad and the kind of gasoline that you're putting in what you drive makes them mad.

The kind of house you live in makes them mad. Where you live makes them mad. Where you work and what you do makes them mad. What you care about and don't care about makes them mad. Virtually everything you do in your life irritates them to the point that they have to get you to change what you're doing. Well, who the hell are they? What gives them the right to dictate to everybody else? We're not the ones obsessed. They are."

Rush.... yesterday.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Thanks for posting.

An interesting spin on the word 'puritan': "I wonder if it is the fact that e-cigarette smokers derive a certain pleasure that the puritan zealots object to."

I wouldn't object to the use of the term, but I'm guessing Senators Durbin, Sherrod Brown, Blumenthal, Markey, Harkin, Merkley,
Boxer, Reed, Pryor and Schumer, would reject the tag.

On these 'types':

"We are under assault every day. We get up, we're minding our own business, and we find out that something else has made them unhappy; something else is making them miserable; something else is hurting their self-esteem. So they get up and they're in palpable fear that people enjoying themselves are destroying the planet. They get up and they're scared to death that people driving cars they enjoy and very much like are destroying the planet or the way people are eating is making them fat or whatever. They just and cannot abide people enjoying themselves. They're miserable, and they want everybody to join 'em in it.

"I don't know about you, but we get up every day, go about your life you enjoy, then you find out that what you're eating makes them mad or what you're driving makes them mad and the kind of gasoline that you're putting in what you drive makes them mad.

The kind of house you live in makes them mad. Where you live makes them mad. Where you work and what you do makes them mad. What you care about and don't care about makes them mad. Virtually everything you do in your life irritates them to the point that they have to get you to change what you're doing. Well, who the hell are they? What gives them the right to dictate to everybody else? We're not the ones obsessed. They are."

Rush.... yesterday.

Yep, and these yahoos make their livelihood from the hard earned tax dollars we pay.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
Never thought I'd see the day the DM would write such a positive report on E-Cigs.

All steps in the right direction though!

A few non smokers talked to me today about the proposed ban in Wales and they all thought it was simply ridiculous. I'll add that two of these people hate cigarettes (quite literally despise the smell of smoke and constantly nagged me to quit). They see e-cigs are harmless, safe(er) and are happy for me to vape around them. I'd never have thought it could happen, but I've been surprised twice today.

Who knows.

One things for sure, the rest of the UK will follow if Wales get this through. Whilst I respect following the rules of a particular bar, or restaurant, or my workplace (i.e. no vaping indoors) pretty soon you won't be able to vape anywhere indoors.

Seems some reporters are starting to report some of the facts though, which is encouraging.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Didn't specifically notice 'Mark' but all the comments seem to be extreme one way or the other. The number of people who still insist that nicotine is carcinogenic is quite scary really.

The propaganda spewed for decades is difficult to overcome, particularly from those that read or see only headlines. I'd suppose in excess of 95% of people in the US believe smokeless tobacco is worse than smoking and causes mouth cancer when, in fact, oral cancer is much more prevalent in smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread