Foreign Grown Tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I've been buying juice recently from The Sauce LA, and I noticed today on the bottle it says "contains 100 percent foreign grown tobacco." I don't vape tobacco flavors period, can anyone explain why it says this on the label? I've never seen anything like this before from any other juice vendor I've done business with.

Thanks

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It could be that the eliquid is made with nic base sourced from EU (like CNT freebase). So they call it "tobacco", because, well, that's what it has been "deemed" by the FDA.

The FDA classifies all products pertaining to e-cigs as "Tobacco Products". That's why you see those silly "this product contains nicotine" labels on all vape products these days, including products that clearly do not and could not contain a drop of nicotine, like glass, coils, mods, etc.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2011
    It could be that the eliquid is made with nic base sourced from EU (like CNT freebase). So they call it "tobacco", because, well, that's what it has been "deemed" by the FDA.

The FDA classifies all products pertaining to e-cigs as "Tobacco Products". That's why you see those silly "this product contains nicotine" labels on all vape products these days, including products that clearly do not and could not contain a drop of nicotine, like glass, coils, mods, etc.

Yea I had thought about that, you could be right. I went ahead and sent then an E-Mail anyways to confirm.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I got a bottle of zero nic juice today in my vape mail. My mistake which I can and did fix. But....the bottle plainly states made from tobacco. I know it's not made from tobacco. It didn't even have nicotine till I added it. Boy, the times we be living in...am I right?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I suppose if a vape website sold paper towels they would have the warning too.

OLz2uc1.jpg

• Winner
    Reactions: classwife

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    A local Aus store got about 5k worth of zero nicotine juice confiscated at customs because the American manufacturer had to put a "this product contains nicotine" label on it even though it doesnt contain nicotine.

Can you give us more details? Planet of the Vapes would be all over this. They tend to be very harsh toward the anti-vaping organizations in AU.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread