Forum Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Recently (last couple of days) the format for the forums functionality has changed - when you hit the go back one page button in the web browser - it can't - I am assuming some type of framed format has been created, which causes several pages to be created or one page is created in parts (depending upon how you want to look at it). In some cases you have to hit the go back one page 4 or 5 times to get it to go back.

Yahoo adopted this for a while, but later abandoned it due to difficulties for the users. It was originally adopted because it made it easier to load ads, but it added to users complexity and even made it confusing for many...

Is this going to be a regular thing now?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Firefox 56.0.1 (64 bit)
Adobe Flash (considered an addon to Firefox)
Windows 10 (Operating System shouldn't matter)
Original Dark
Test on other forums and the back button works

Adobe Flash is most likely a non-issue as Firefox no longer supports it. If you look in your addons, it won't even be listed any longer. (Shockwave Flash is a different animal).
Are there any other addons? (Adblocker, Ghostery, etc.)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Adobe is supported and listed as an addon (they call it Shockwave Flash). As a matter of fact Firefox (browser notifications) prompted me to update several months ago. It not a flash problem as all other forums work, it worked here until the upgrades and I have been running the latest version for months.

Additionally, Firefox indicates when an addon is no longer supported, as you can see it is still supported.

flash.jpg

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Again, Shockwave Flash is not Adobe Flash. They're two totally different animals.

If you go here, you'll find that it will ask you to install Adobe Flash.

Boomshine

Firefox no longer supports Adobe Flash Player. They killed NPAPI with Firefox 52, which essentially killed Adobe Flash, Silverlight and all other addons that used NPAPI.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
It's a reoccurring problem that is only occurring on ECF, no other forums I visit and there are quite a few. I have cleared the cache and restarted the browser many times, did a hard refresh and the problem persists. It went away for a couple hours yesterday but is reoccurring again.

Reactions: stols001

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
For those of you that are having issues with the back button, please list the following.

1. Browser (include the version)
2. Addons installed
3. Operating system
4. ECF Theme being used

1. Firefox 56.0 (32 bit)
2. OpenH264 Video Codec supplied by Cisco Systems Inc
Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc
Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
3. Windows 10 (up to date)
4. Aluminium or E-CigaretteForum (back button acting up in both)

Also have ABP installed as an extension but disabled on ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread