• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Forum main page: Social Group owner interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
As a Social Group owner you will have numerous of options at your disposal for SG management.

pic1part2.jpg

As you can see by checking the boxes next to the threads you will highlight the threads that you would like to manage.

Options:

Delete Threads: will delete the selected thread (see third thread above). The title and reason is visible to your members. You will still be able to enter the thread to view/recover should you so desire. Take note of the "trash can" icon

Undelete Threads: recovers deleted thread to make visible to members again

Open Threads: Open any locked thread

Close Threads: Locks selected thread (see 4th thread above) Members can not post in Closed threads. SG owners/mods can reply to closed threads with out having to open them.

Approve/Unapprove Threads: "Unapproving" a thread sets that thread to moderation (see 2nd thread above). This makes the thread completely invisible to members. Approving thread makes the thread visible to the public. Take note of the "little man" icon

Stick/Unstick Threads: options to "sticky" a thread (see first post above) and unstick a stickied thread.

Move Thread: is an option that is not needed in the Social Group setting

Merge Threads: you may find the need to merge two or more threads into one. (This doesn't occur too often, and is a tricky option to use)

You have similar options within the thread itself.. which will be covered in a future thread.

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I don't know what happens with the "merge threads" option. SMV has a ton of Stickies, and I think so many stickies detracts from the usability of the forum. It would be nice if they could be condensed into one thread, somehow...

Maybe I could link to them in an "Index" type thing of "important" threads, then unsticky them. That way I accomplish the same thing with less chance of hurt feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread