Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
Was watching Varney and Company on Fox News about 5 minutes ago. News story was "FDA to attempt to ban online sales of e-cigarettes to keep them out of the hands of children. This is after a failed attempt in 2009".

May get this one. Who among us does not want to "protect our children". What's funny is that I have been buying my Roll Your Own tobacco in 1 lb bags through the internet for a long time and no one mentions that.

Oh, wait a minute, taxes are collected on it.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Protect our children? More like protect big tobacco and big pharma! Let's see, we can order liquor (wine anyway), guns, ammo, chemicals, pressure cookers and drugs online so let's stop the e-cig sales in the name of safety. More government trampling over our basic rights.

Last edited:

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
The argument with age will be that it is too easy to falsify, just like it is for wine, guns, ammo, chemicals, pressure cookers and drugs, but the Government gets their piece of those pies. I think, in the end, it's all about the money they don't get from e-cig sales.

this is exactly what it is. there is a huge market and the gov. can't get any money from it.

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Look at this from 2011 , og how they have changed their tune :
CDC - Chronic Disease - Tobacco - At A Glance

M.P.O.W.E.R. ..... the "O" used to stand for "Offer help to quit tobacco use"
The "O" stands for "Oodles of cash for condemning millions to death from tobacco"

You hear/read things about China's human rights atrocities , yet here are our very own governments showing how human rights atrocities should be committed .

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I'm new to vaping and know very little about the industry. Obviously there was a battle fought and won in 2009. Is there any associations with deep enough pockets to fight this? It probably wouldn't matter anyway if FDA has already decided what they are going to do. It's hard to fight an unlimited supply of taxpayer money.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Join CASAA. That is an organization that is fighting for us. We need more voices to be able to get louder until they have no choice but to hear us. CASAA is finally getting the recognition of being a voice to be heard. They have a sit down scheduled with the FDA in about a week now. It helps to show how many members there are and how rapidly the membership is growing. The FDA has to take seriously that we are willing to fight this. The only way that it will be possible is strength in numbers.

Please join and lend your voice so that it can become a mighty roar not to be overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread