Framed staple single coil .17 in Clutch 21700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lsxtrucker

Apr 5, 2020
Florida, USA
I'm experiencing decent ramp up times with my 4mm framed staple build from AVS in single coil 5 wrap ohm tested at 0 17.

Its an improvement over the quad core clapton I was previously running. 30x4 +40 @ .25

The clapton build i pulled because of the solid 3.5 second ramp up was an an annoyance to say the least. The framed staple is ramping up decent in half second but is draining the hell out of my Molicell p42s

Any advice is appreciated is battery consumption supposed to be significant on a cell this big?

Lsxtrucker

Apr 5, 2020
Florida, USA
Why build so low?
I've built it higher at .22 and even .28 but to say its sluggish at those resistances would be an understatement. .17 isnt that low it's about 100 watts which isnt too hot on such a massive coil. Now if it were 3.0 ID I'd probably build around. 25 to be at 70 watts or so. What's your recommendation?

Lsxtrucker

Apr 5, 2020
Florida, USA
Like Ben said, you are getting slow ramp up times because of the sheer quantity of metal you are trying heat up.

I'll throw a simple round wire in it next build and give it a whirl. I guess its good that I vape single coil because all the coils I have on hand even with an extra wrap will ohm out at .13 in dual. I'm only pulling 24 amps which isnt ridiculous am I wrong here? So a similar resistance build with thinner wire may be the answer.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
This was my mistake my cell wasn't fully charged.
6uJGDtJ.gif

• Love
Reactions: Kprthevapr

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
I switched to SS for my coils. Drops resistance a little and a surprisingly big coil ramps up really quick. Right now it’s dual 26x2/36 with 7 wraps and ohms out at .14. It’s on a Vindicator 28, 21700 with Samsung 30 T. All I use now is SS.

With that coil set up there’s no need to purge the atomizer while it ramps up. You push the button and it goes.

Reactions: VHRB2014

Lsxtrucker

Apr 5, 2020
Florida, USA
I switched to SS for my coils. Drops resistance a little and a surprisingly big coil ramps up really quick. Right now it’s dual 26x2/36 with 7 wraps and ohms out at .14. It’s on a Vindicator 28, 21700 with Samsung 30 T. All I use now is SS.

With that coil set up there’s no need to purge the atomizer while it ramps up. You push the button and it goes.
Same here. All I use is Stainless. I get my coils from AVS and I've never looked back. No Ni80/90, Kanthal other metals for me. Nice to see you are enjoying SS. If you havent already check out Advanced Vapor Supply as they are a fantastic USA based company with only SS coils. Its their main game

Reactions: Dr. Seuss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread