RDA Freakshow RDA Killer? Mutation X v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
So...
Mutation X v4 has been released. (The ''Real'' one) This thing has all the features of the freakshow rda but also has the options of the side air holes if wanted with a cool designe.. If anyone has any experience with it let me know. Havn't seen any videos or threads on this yet.

Link: Mutation X V4 by Indulgence - Origin Vape

WulfenBlade

Oct 7, 2014
Canton, IL
I am a huge fan of the mutation, v1,2, and 3. I am skeptical about this one.... I'm at least a little concerned that they jumped the shark here. I've not used a freakshow, but I think adding the freak-style bottom airholes will make it TOO airy and make it harder to build, harder to drip, and more prone to leakage. That being said - OMG I WANT ONE!!

Still gotta try it for myself.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
I am a huge fan of the mutation, v1,2, and 3. I am skeptical about this one.... I'm at least a little concerned that they jumped the shark here. I've not used a freakshow, but I think adding the freak-style bottom airholes will make it TOO airy and make it harder to build, harder to drip, and more prone to leakage. That being said - OMG I WANT ONE!!

Still gotta try it for myself.

I was thinking the same things. But I totally want one.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Picked the SS one up today on my way home from work.

Really like it so far. Although I like my v3 a lot too, so not terribly surprised.

Does come with plugs to close off the bottom airflow if you want, haven't tried that yet. Also haven't tried the extended barrel thing, probably won't unless I crank up the wattage really high.

I'll have to try a few builds in this thing, but I definitely think there is potential.

Some people will probably hate on the juice well, it doesn't bother me though, its adequate enough IMO.

Reactions: jhhollier

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
eL9CiA0.jpg

It was too dark to post a pic last night, but that's about how I've been using it regarding the airflow options, sometimes closing off one of the bottom airflows.

I've just been dripping down the center of the royal hunter style drip tip, 15 or so drops at a time, and haven't had a problem with leaking out the bottom airflow.

I'm getting really good vapor production with just a basic 26g dual macro coil, .5ohm, at 50watts right now. Good flavor too for the airflow that is going on. I'm sure the flavor could be better with a more advanced build.

I have nothing bad to say about mine regarding build quality, machining was nicely done, no QC issues to speak of.

Really like this RDA, for $30, its pretty darn nice, and gives you a lot of options to customize your vape.

Reactions: ph0kused

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Mine shipped today, went with the black Project Sub Ohm version.

I wasn't patient enough to wait for vaporDNA to list theirs, hah. I have the PSO MXv3 and liked the logo better than the indulgence logo, but when I saw the v4 at my local b&m for $30 I figured I may as well just get it there. I'm sure it'll be cheaper online in a few weeks, but I thought $30 at a b&m wasn't too shabby.

Reactions: jhhollier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread