Status
Not open for further replies.

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Ok, silly question, why do you need an app as opposed to just using a browser? Ok, not so silly for me, I don't have an Android (yet).

Comes down to convenience really. You CAN view it on your phone just using the browser, but the forum isn't optimized for viewing on such a small screen. There is a mobile option for viewing it in the style chooser, but I've never been able to get it to work on my Droid. Viewing it on a 4.3 inch device leaves you constantly zooming in and out and swiping in every direction to navigate each screen. Tapatalk IS formatted for viewing on a handheld device - Loads images in a mobile friendly format, no need to zoom in or slide side to side to read text, ect.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
Comes down to convenience really. You CAN view it on your phone just using the browser, but the forum isn't optimized for viewing on such a small screen. There is a mobile option for viewing it in the style chooser, but I've never been able to get it to work on my Droid. Viewing it on a 4.3 inch device leaves you constantly zooming in and out and swiping in every direction to navigate each screen. Tapatalk IS formatted for viewing on a handheld device - Loads images in a mobile friendly format, no need to zoom in or slide side to side to read text, ect.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks!

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear

Is the viewing area for Tapatalk big enough for old people of which I am one?:blink:

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Is the viewing area for Tapatalk big enough for old people of which I am one?:blink:

You be the judge:

100_9412.jpg

100_9413.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread