Free nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston George

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Rochester, NY
Don't do it. DIY carts are a bad idea. It will be very hard for you to be sure that you are not vaping something toxic like glue. Moreover, its hard to control nicotine concentration. If someone kills themselves with a home made bs the media will freak and all e-cig users will suffer. The U-boats arent stopping all the orders from china yet, buy the real product.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
As far as my opinion is concerned, I feel like these Personal Vaporizers are a gift from God! They are the one and only thing that has separated me from the tobacco smoke. As far as extracting known amounts of Nicotine, you can use the inserts for the Nicotrol/Nicorette Inhailer. It doesn't have the "glue" issue like the patch does.

hopps

Dec 16, 2008
WI,USA
Curious if they are using the same system WI offered last yr when they hiked the prices..advertised big time how a smoker would be given for free their choice of nic system,(patch or gum)so no reason not to give up the smokes blah blah.
Called
Them: Do you have insurance?
Me:Yes,but it does NOT cover nic replacement/quit smoking of any sort.
Them:Well sorry,we can't help unless you have the right insurance,we need to charge them for the system.:-x

talk about false advertising:rolleyes:

But it motivated me to say screw quitting and instead started rolling my own,
and I discovered vaping just in time to prevent em nailing taxes on my ryo:cool:

rlorange

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Australia
I have commented about this in another thread:

1.Yes it is possible and quite easy, glue is a problem but if you use water to extract the nicotine not much glue will dissolve in the water (after all it is designed to stick to skin). With the correct combination of filtering and solvents the glue problem can be easily overcome.

2. 21mg patches actually have more than 100mg of nicotine of which only 21mg is absorbed over 24hrs. So they are the best source especially if free.

3. Using patches is the best way to monitor nicotine content of your DIY liquid but it is still risky.

4.Nicotine inhalers are better for extraction as they have no glue and already come in a safe form. You will get 16mg from a 4mg inhaler. use don't even need a solvent, simply use PG as the solvent. Try putting the inhaler cores into PG (or VG) and then into a sealed glass vessel. Then warm it in a hot water bath for several hours before filtering the bits of core.

5. This should only be attempted by someone with basic common sense and a little chemistry knowledge would help. I say grab the free patches and save them for the day the FDA bans e-smoking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread