FREE Survival Gift Kit ($50 value)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
I just went to choose my starter kit (Joyce 510) and 3 packs cartridges and went to checkout/PayPal for a total of $66.46.

To my surprise the shipping for the items comes to a whopping $10.95 !!!

I just ordered the below items from EastMall
Products
1 xDSE801 USB passthrough-Black
5 xBlank carts for pens
3 xAtomiser for penstyle-Black
- Atomizer Color: Black
1 xDSE801 penstyle-Metalic red
2 xDSE801 atomiser-Red2 xDSE901B Atomiser
- Atomizer Color: White
1 xUSB Charger

and my Shipping Cost was only $15.00 ALL THE WAY FROM CHINA to Virginia.

It seems that the shipping cost at esmokeyshack.com is based on the invoice amount, not the weight of the items.

I have been doing a lot of ordering since I started e-cigs 2 weeks ago and this is by far the highest shipping cost I have seen.

esmokeyshack.com is based out of Virginia and I live in Virginia, so I am quite shocked that it would cost that much to ship.

I am now debating if I should even place the order or not.
I understand that that it would probably still be a good deal due to the Survival Kit Special (which does not figure into the shipping cost when one purchases due to the Kit being added via the site Contact Form), but shipping should be based on weight, not the amount of the order, unless it is for Free Shipping, then the amount does matter.

Plus, the Shopping Cart does not show/display the shipping cost until you get into PayPal and get ready to hit Pay Now.

PS: I just found this on the site:
Flat rate shipping are as follows:
Shopping cart total:
< $44.99
Shipping Fee: $5.95

Shopping cart total:
$45.00 - $98.99
Shipping Fee: $10.95

Shopping cart total:
$99 and over
FREE SHIPPING

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
To my surprise the shipping for the items comes to a whopping $10.95 !!!

I am now debating if I should even place the order or not.

If you'd rather buy/ship from China to save on shipping then that's your prerogative.No one is forcing you to buy from this site.

That said,IMHO you won't find a better deal than this stateside.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
If you'd rather buy/ship from China to save on shipping then that's your prerogative.No one is forcing you to buy from this site.

That said,IMHO you won't find a better deal than this stateside.

Nowhere did I say that I would rather order from China!
The only reason why I ordered from there is that the prices are a bit better when you are just starting your collection and have many things to order.

I have also ordered many items from the below sites since I started with e-cigging a couple of weeks ago:
vaporoptions.com
juicyliquid.com
vapore-cigs.com
& truevapor.com

The shipping cost just surprised me when I compared it to all the shipping fees I have paid in the last few weeks.
Due to the Survival Kit Special I decided I will still order in spite of the shipping, but if it were not for the Special included at the same price, the shipping fees would make it not such a good deal.

Last edited:

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
Many other sites only offer standard shipping at 5.95 DO NOT give you a coupon discount nor have the 510 at this price (in stock) that I have seen anyways.. I have been waiting for a good deal on this unit and once they posted the free 50.00 survival kit 52.00 for the 510 with 2 at's and 2 bat's ...plus the shipping Priority it came to just under 64.00! Cant complain here.

You check out through Paypal with Just the unit, then you go to the contact form and in the subject line write Survival kit for (your order number) then you list what you want that ads up to 50.00 in the comments area, so you can look at it like your survival kit is being shipped free :D That is a great amount of goodies for 63.00 in my opinion!
Thank you Curt, cant wait to get my 510 and vanilla carts Yummy!

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
Many other sites only offer standard shipping at 5.95 DO NOT give you a coupon discount nor have the 510 at this price (in stock) that I have seen anyways.. I have been waiting for a good deal on this unit and once they posted the free 50.00 survival kit 52.00 for the 510 with 2 at's and 2 bat's ...plus the shipping Priority it came to just under 64.00! Cant complain here.

You check out through Paypal with Just the unit, then you go to the contact form and in the subject line write Survival kit for (your order number) then you list what you want that ads up to 50.00 in the comments area, so you can look at it like your survival kit is being shipped free :D That is a great amount of goodies for 63.00 in my opinion!
Thank you Curt, cant wait to get my 510 and vanilla carts Yummy!

My problem was

A) the shipping cost did not show until you were actually in Paypal

B) The $10.95 is the NORMAL shipping cost for this supplier on any given day because the shipping is based on the amount of the order, not the weight. The Joye510 and 3 boxes of cartridges do not weigh a lot, so $5.95 or so for priority shipping would seem more like it.

Until I saw the Survival Kit offer at smokeyshack I was looking to order from another US supplier who had the Janty Dura C (same as the Joye510 I believe) in stock (with 2 atomizers & 2 batteries etc) and 3 boxes of carts for the Dura C would have been $68.83 after a 10% discount, with the shipping being $5.00 Priority mail.

An order for the Joye510 plus 3 carts placed with smokeyshack on a normal day (without the special survivor kit) would cost me $77.41, so the other US supplier would have been $8.58 cheaper.

It is important for a vendor to get honest feedback from customers, or potential customers, and that is what I was trying to do. A supplier can not fix something he is not aware of.

Shackattack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Lynchburg, Virginia
Due to the OVERWHELMING 8-o response to the promotional survival kits and grand opening of esmokeyshack.com this deal will only be for 5 free eliquid 10ml bottles. This is due to lack of available inventory of atomizers and batteries etc... Sorry for the incovience or confusion. We still want to offer you the $50 survival kit but can only be used for e liquid. During check out through Paypal please specify what flavors and strenghts you would like.

Also the 5% discount code, is now deactivated at this time.

Again thank you for your support and making our grand opening such a success. We look forward to serving you in the future!

- Shackattack

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Due to the OVERWHELMING 8-o response to the promotional survival kits and grand opening of esmokeyshack.com........
Again thank you for your support and making our grand opening such a success. We look forward to serving you in the future!

- Shackattack

Going forward or for those who already ordered.

Going forward from my dated and timed post at 10:39am 5-14-09, all previous orders are honored.

-Shackattack

That was a helluva deal Shack. Have you slept? I placed an order last night with ya around 8 or so, got confirm from you within a half hour and the initial ship/track number around 11pm PST. 8-o

Hope this works for you!!

Shackattack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Lynchburg, Virginia
Hey everyone, it's been kinda of hectic here, hehe...:DIve got the manual batteries in this evening so all orders waiting for manual batteries, you will receive shipping/tracking number tonight, will ship out first thing tomorrow.

Also, the manual batteries come with a red LED light as well.

Order numbers aren't sequencial, but order history I can view when order placed, if that makes since.

-Shackattack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread