• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Free Trials and Unfinished Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
So, just the other day (Saturday) I went online on steam and saw that Sid Meier's Beyond Earth had a free trial for the weekend. I am huge fan of all of Sid Maier's work and I have spent countless hours playing the various Civs, Xcom, Pirates and Railways. I had of course heard about Beyond Earth the successor of the Alpha Centauri game, but I had never bought it or played it. I had heard that the game had this unfinished feel about it.

And after spending about 3 hours at it I concur. Compared to Civ V Brave New World the game is lacking in units and versatility. I mean it is interesting laying it, but after the while, the small number of factions and paths will become tedious and boring. Still I hoped that they would work on it the same way the worked Civ V . After all Civ V has a completely different game play than Civ V BNW.

Anyway this was before the announcement (today) that they are releasing a completely new game Sid Meier's: Starships. I am both thrilled and disappointed. I hope they put some more work and effort into Beyond Earth, but in the same time I want to put my hands on the space strategy.

So are there any fans of Sid Meier here ? What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread