Ego-V V2 is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
I just unboxed two Ego-V V2 Megas today. I had been using KGOs for....like....ever, basically, and this is my first VV. I charged it fully, plopped on a CE4, set the voltage for 4.2 and puffed frequently but didn't chain, per se. An hour later, I've lost a bar on the battery indicator and I'm wondering if this normal. At this rate, it will be completely depleted in four more hours of normal use. The battery is massive- too massive, honestly, but that is another story- so I can't really understand why, beyond the voltage setting, it would drain so rapidly. Ugh.

I have had nothing but bad e-cigarette luck all week. Two melted brand new clearomizers. One Ego-K that literally fell apart within days of purchasing it on a trip. Replaced out of desperation on the same trip by a crappy Blu kit which, of course, died two days after purchase. $100 blown on things that don't work, and I'm tired of returning products to vendors. I'm hoping this is a voltage issue or user error.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have seen battery indicators (on many different types of devices) that only show full when the battery really is...full. So the first bar goes away quite quickly the rest seem to go away at a normal rate. I have never used that particular battery, but I would not get discouraged until you see how long the whole battery life really is.

However I would think that more volts = more amps at the same resistance, thus less life than if you used it @ 3.3 volts.

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
Mine will last me about a full day, if I don't shut it off maybe 3/4 @ 3.6-3.9. Over 4v it goes fairly fast...

Okay. Thanks, JBL. That's what I was hoping to hear. That would explain why my eliquid is also vanishing at a much faster rate, as well. 3.7 it will be then. AND...that brought me to the next question. If turning off the battery while not in use will lengthen its charge. I just sort of assumed that if I wasn't drawing on it, then it wouldn't draw power. Am I wrong? I've only used the five-click shut off as a safety feature. So it doesn't discharge in my purse.

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
I have never had any luck with the ce4's they are disposable. I really don't know why people waste their money. At least with a vivi nova I can reuse and rebuild if I choose. I don't subscribe to the disposable society.

The Vivi Novas were on backorder with three different nearby suppliers and I was in a pinch for something before leaving town. I don't care for CE4s either.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
For me it's a toss up as to if I like my Mini Vivi Nova or my EVOD better. They both have Pro's and Con's. Since my Mini Vivi is of the all metal variety i used it primarily with "tank cracker" juices that would destroy my EVOD. I use the EVOD for the rest.

As long as you make sure you get the real Vision Mini Vivi Nova (not the Smoktech) and the real Kanger EVOD, you should not have any problems. I don't.

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
The EVOD is actually on my list of "next purchases." I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've just been using CE5s for the most part. I fall into vaping ruts, because when I find something that mostly works, I tend to just stick with it. Almost strictly out of intimidation that comes with the more advanced, hands-on products the vape manufacturers are churning out. I am not hugely self-sufficient I'm afraid. I worry that I'll break everything I touch! But, thanks to chronic leakage problems associated with the CE5s, EVODs and Novas are in the immediate future. Along with some less obtrusive batteries. The Kanger EVOD and Spinner are looking good.

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
Oh, Heavyrocker, the Vamo looks like too much pipe for me. I'm already feeling a bit Freudian as it is with the Ego-V V2. lol

JBL, I am actually sure you were spot on. It was a voltage issue. 3.7, three bars, two hours of vaping and holding steady. I will fully appreciate Novas and EVODs when they arrive, I'm sure. When I first started vaping with 510s, they would discharge all the time in my purse, which pretty much contains every necessity I would need to keep myself presentable in the event of a cataclysmic disaster. They were bouncing around in a minefield. I killed a lot of attys that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread